The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Only Answer Left

nucks4sure

I have been asking for AV gone since he arrived.

I absolutely hate his line juggling and poor decisions. If we lose out in second round this year, only thing i'll be happy about is a new coach that can change the system and light a fire under the players.

I'd like to see

Daniel - kesler - Burrows

Booth - Henrik - Hansen

Higgins - Pahlsson - Raymond

Mancar - Lap - Bitz

send down Kassian and let him develop. 8 minutes a game isn't doing him any favours.

Maybe we should fire the fans... Obviously they have been hindering the team all season.

My belief is if we don't get it done this year, AV will have had his chance. Even though his numbers far exceed his predecessors.

Ebbett might fill a bit of the void CoHo left, he has shown a level of skill and chemistry before his injury.

I just wanna take a minute to thank AV for making MayRay a healthy scratch in last nights game. Almost seemed like they were looking ahead to wednesday's matchup. Oh well, it's an 82 game season and you can't win em all.

Just beat the living $**t out of the Hawks next game...

I think we'll have to resurrect this thread after the first round, so we can revisit the OP's "guarantee".

BTW: You're being presumptuous in saying that "most fans" agree with your assessment that the Canucks will be out in the first round. I highly doubt that this is true.

It is inevitable that the top line of twins and Burr will be shut down again in some games or series in the playoffs. The problem with AV is that one year later, he still does not have a plan B to help the Sedins out when it happens again this spring. Putting a pointless, softer Raymond on the top line will only make things worse. There is not much point for Vancouver to win the conference as there is a high chance the top seed will meet Detroit or Nasville in the 2nd round. But there is no excuse for AV not to try Bitz or Kassian on the top line now to see what can do, as Vancouver will lose most of the games once the Sedins are shut down.

Schneider is a better goalie than shaky Luongo by a mile. If AV is serious about winning, Schneider has to be the starting goalie but I wonder this team has the courage to sit the multi-million dollar sieve Luongo. The team and fans should not be happy too soon when Luongo gets a shutout again because he will give up half a dozen softies and quickies in the next 2 games. And I believe a Luongo who jumped out of the way to avoid being hit by a helpless Bruin lying on ice, sliding with the puck into the Canucks net for an easy 3 rd goal in game 7 of the SCF does not deserve to win anything big. But if AV and MG has to start Luongo to prove it's money well spent on Luongo, AV must be ready to pull Luongo after any 2 softies or quickies even if without the permission of Luongo. AV is just a joke when had to ask Luongo whether he would like to be pulled after giving up 5 goals in game 3 of the SCF. The Cancuks are basically out-coached in all series.

MG and AV does not seem to be on the same page. This results in the 4 million dollar Ballard sitting on the bench and a waste of cap space. I believe the newly acquired Gragnani will also sit to make room for AV's favorite Rome. Rome is a definite liability as he does not have that good first pass and the offense will suffer. Rome is also not sound on defense and he has the tendency to take senseless penalties. There is also no excuse for AV's inability to put together a decent 4th line after 5 seasons because this coach picks his players based on favoritism, not on merits. Right now Malhotra and Lapierre are both -10. The fact like the 4 th line is out-scored year after year will again be the killer in the playoffs.

AV is just an incapable coach and he has to be replaced if it is an early exit. The Canucks already have MacTavish in the system. The guy had won the Cup as a player and had brought the Oilers to game 7 of the SCF as an underdog. Unless Vancouver wins it which is very unlikely under AV, I would love to see AV gone this summer.

The system and the robotic way it's played is what I don't like. It kills my enjoyment of hockey. If I want to watch perimeter shooting then I'll watch old Lakers video of Derek Fisher.

AV's roots are the grind em out, trap em to death, discipline, hard work and loyalty type of game. The ironic part is the goalie has to bail out the team a lot of the time despite this trapping system so I question how effective it really is. I do give him props for adapting to a more offensive style game when his job was on the line when MG was hired but when the chips are down he goes back to the D style. He has the Toronto Raptors' philosophy of focusing on D but merely trusting the players on offense. I think that's a mistake.

What we need is a Phil Jackson of hockey. Someone who's chill, can utilize the best players to read and react and make sure the role players can shine at the best times. The old Lakers used momentum and emotion to fuel them but if things go bad then it's stomped out pretty quickly. Right now the fear of failure outweighs the emotion of winning. If the Sedins and/or goaltending is weak then the team is usually screwed.

Because of goaltending depth, I'd take the chance to go offensive and let the flow of the game work itself into transition D. Right now it's more about playing low risk, low reward but if there are early goals then it's a mental hurdle for the team. With good goaltending it should be easier to learn good enough D to win... offensive skills should be highly rewarded and celebrated... sure the Sedins have sick passing skills but they are one dimensional... I mean pure stick handle through 3 guys, wicked shot, great dishes and emotion in the game type of players. Kes had flashes last year but he's also called upon to check which in AV's system of fear, is too big a part of the game. Almost every player in the league is a checker so get someone else to do it.

Archived