The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Only Answer Left

nucks4sure

People need to calm down and realize that with a month left till playoffs, Canucks don't need to risk injuries by winning against teams that hate us. One cheap shot from clutterbuck or whoever can injure a Canuck, trying to get into someone's face, I mean why risk that, when you can rest up and prepare for the real grind. Like calm your hormones people, this isn't the end of the world.

The only thing blaming the coach does is let the players off the hook.

It's time for some leadership from the core of this team. That means not saying we're playing well when we're not, and by looking themselves in the mirror.

When everyone on this team is pulling on the rope at the same time, they're almost impossible to beat. When there's more passengers then there are players, this team looks very average.

Is it AV's fault the twins have disappeared? What happened to Hansen? We won't even talk about Raymond. Kassian has been thrown to the wolves even though his projected ETA as a top 6 player is still a few years away. HUGE level of expectations on his shoulders when he clearly isn't ready to contribute in the manner the Canucks need if they plan on hoisting that cup this summer. And, I'm not so sure about this years' D core as compared to last years' when healthy.

AV can juggle all the lines he wants, but, if the players themselves aren't performing when they draw in, how is that the coach's fault? Luongo is a prime example of that. Maybe this team is coasting until the playoffs AND trying to find some chemistry with one another before they get there, I don't know. It's not a winning combination whatever they're doing, and THESE are the times when a true "team leader" is needed as captain, especially in the dressing room. I believe one of the hosts on the Team referred to it as "taking ownership", and I would agree. The level of play on the ice has to begin with the right mentality in the room before they get there. Once again, the Canucks don't seem to have that killer instinct and don't have a clue as how to go about getting it.

They better get it sorted before 5pm Wednesday.

OMG!!! We have been in a slump!!! FIRE AV!!! ZOMG!! LU SUCKS!! Trade him AND a bag of pUcks fr Scott Gomezz!!!! RAYMOND Y U COME BACK FROM INJURY ?!? CORY SCHNEIDER is GIngESUS!!! Edler (top 5 dman in the league) sucks!!! The Sedins are on their way out!!!! Too soft!!! Bieksa, no we don't want him!!

Just wait till we sweep in the first round of the playoffs.

The Canucks don't have a carrot dangling in front of them like they did last season.

Last season it was: eliminate 7 teams, win the division, win the conference, win 1st place overall.

This season it seems like they've had the first two wrapped up forever. And just looking at the standings, it doesn't even seem like first place in the conference is even a bonus. Because you're likely going to have just as tough of a first round matchup if you end up in first, and then you end up having a tougher second round matchup playing either Detroit or Nashville.

To me, the benefit of going all out at the end to get first place, isn't nearly as enticing this season as it was last season. And home ice isn't as valuable as resting up down the stretch. Cause IMO, St.Louis won't make it to the third round, so home ice would still be ours until the Finals anyways.

The Canucks don't have a carrot dangling in front of them like they did last season.

Last season it was: eliminate 7 teams, win the division, win the conference, win 1st place overall.

This season it seems like they've had the first two wrapped up forever. And just looking at the standings, it doesn't even seem like first place in the conference is even a bonus. Because you're likely going to have just as tough of a first round matchup if you end up in first, and then you end up having a tougher second round matchup playing either Detroit or Nashville.

To me, the benefit of going all out at the end to get first place, isn't nearly as enticing this season as it was last season. And home ice isn't as valuable as resting up down the stretch. Cause IMO, St.Louis won't make it to the third round, so home ice would still be ours until the Finals anyways.

No quick fix.

New coach won't do a damn thing.

A slump has been inevitable. So is getting out of it.

Sedins can play playoff hockey just fine, but really need some tough winger who has some touch - kassian is probably too raw / young but i say start the experiment now and 20 games from now we might have something.

Agree burrows should stay on 3rd for now.

Kessler knows how to pass ( complain the players never drive to the net, then criticize one who does?)

Just chill. Our capacity for finding patterns that don't exist exceeds our capacity to understand them. Enjoy the up that will come after the down, no matter how long it will last.

No quick fix.

New coach won't do a damn thing.

A slump has been inevitable. So is getting out of it.

Sedins can play playoff hockey just fine, but really need some tough winger who has some touch - kassian is probably too raw / young but i say start the experiment now and 20 games from now we might have something.

Agree burrows should stay on 3rd for now.

Kessler knows how to pass ( complain the players never drive to the net, then criticize one who does?)

Just chill. Our capacity for finding patterns that don't exist exceeds our capacity to understand them. Enjoy the up that will come after the down, no matter how long it will last.

Archived