The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Itunes Or Windows Media Player?

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

iTunes is the single most annoying program that I have ever been forced to use.

I love using Media Monkey, you should check it out. Otherwise my second favourite for day to day use is Winamp.

Windows Media Player is better then iTunes though.

iTunes is bloatware - once you hit a certain threshold on the number of songs - it's slower than a slug climbing Mt Everest.

The other issue with iTunes? If you just accept the defaults and let it manage the music on your device - when you change computers, it wants to delete everything off of your Ipod!

I don't use WMP neither.

I use Beatport Sync.

I have windows and I use Itunes. Find it perfectly acceptable. Is it slow? Sure, at times. But I grew up in the 80s and find it fascinating that I can still listen to all my songs, watch tv shows, and watch movies on one tiny handheld device.

I'm also married and have absolutely zero time to spend finding out which software device is slightly better than another perfectly fine product.

I do, on the other hand, have time to post on CDC. FAIL.

I haven't used WMP since...ever.

I still don't like the way it looks or the way it organizes. If I had to choose an iteration of WMP, it would be WMP classic which I believe is still out there somewhere. I prefer iTunes to WMP, but as has been mentioned, iTunes does tend to bug out every once in a while on my PC.

Having been a diehard winamp fan for years, these days I seem to switch back and forth between the two, depending on what I am doing. I have a lot time invested in iTunes with album art, genres, and all the non-essentials that I can't help but continue to use it.

And I really like coverflow.

iTunes just because it's more convenient for my iPod.

Used to use Winamp (haven't used in over 5 years) and Songbird (stopped using 1.5 years ago) though. I'm surprised there's still so many Winamp users.

I think one of the most aggregating things for me when I used the other media players were that their display for album art wasn't as nice and easy to obtain as compared to iTunes IMO.

Archived