Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Taking Advantage Of The Lack Of Penalties Called

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

I think its time to clean house. Fire all the officials and start out fresh with a buncha guys who know that if they dont call a fair accurate game that their job is on the line. I think these days we have too many refs that are a lil too comfortable and too many have their own agendas. This will never happen but it would do lotss of good.
Posted Image

#32 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Kind of hard to score when you're on the PK all the time.

haha......yah,but you gotta take what your delt and make it work. What else you gonna do. No amount of CDCing will change this and I think that the league loves Boston because the exemplify the romance that the NHL is all about. The league hates us because we are soft euros that are waiting for a whistle..........hahaha......We're doing it all wrong.

Ok ...back to work

Edited by puck n icehole, 20 March 2012 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#33 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Seems like calls are against us more often then not, so I rather not take the chances.

#34 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,658 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

some how i think we will get burned like on the hansen phantom goalie interference call.
we just gotta start scoring period, out score the opponent and we will win games.

There's that and the fact that Shanahan hasn't laid down his ban hammer just because less penalties are being called. Risking borderline hits and playing too far over the edge will still result in us getting shafted.

I do think we need to play the curve to some extent, and that we don't take advantage of that well enough, but when your 1st line center gets cross-checked on his way to the bench and we get the extra penalty out of the ensuing scrum because our winger confronted the guy hiding behind the largest visor ever, it makes you reluctant to do so.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#35 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

all I can say is, start the clutch and grab, and those interference. its all fair game now.
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#36 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

How about they just play harder?

Should they take a couple more sticks to the face too ...they will win for sure then
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#37 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

I was thinking about this last night and thought about the Chicago series last season. The Canucks were at their defensive best in this series by using their uptempo play defensively. With allowing some clutching and grabbing along with some interference, well this plays right into the Canucks hands. With Luongo in net, how are teams going to score unless the refs put the screws to us which we've seen in the past. I like the idea of just going with the current trend, how would teams score against the Canucks with lou in net? Plus the canucks have great penalty killing, so the odd penalty shouldn't hurt them!

Edited by SEAN HARNETT, 20 March 2012 - 03:21 PM.

:towel:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.