The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Send Kassian Down. Bring Bitz Up.

Bananas

It was obvious this team needed scoring and they needed it before they made the trade with Cody, yet they needed scoring but they gave away more scoring for toughness. I said this after the trade you watch the Canucks goals for will slowly drop, when you get ride of one or your players who can produce points your team will score less especially when you don't replace him with someone else who can do the same. It was a stupid panic trade that should of never happened, even Sulzer was better then this Gragnani, we gave Buffalo 2 great young players for crap back.

I miss Bitz. I believe he should have been filling Kassian's role. Not that I don't like Kassian, but Bitz is more experienced and even bigger. Why did we trade a top scorer for a big guy when we already have Bitz?

We should have kept Hodgson for better or for worse. He was our future captain after Kesler.

So Hodgson got a pair of assists the other day and people are taking out their frustration for our loss on Kassian, that it?

We have but one problem: Lack of scoring! In particular lack of scoring from our big guns. The problem existed since a month before Cody got traded, the same month where he too did virtually nothing. I maintain that Pahlsson and Kassian, if properly deployed, make them a better playoff team than they were before. The team will only go so far as the big guns and goaltending take them.

On Kassian:

-nothing left to prove on the farm (Cody wishes he had his stats there)

-will get very few points playing with Lapierre

-meaningful point production will take time, probably 2 plus years

-present value is him hitting to hurt in a long playoff series and keeping the peace

I think it's pretty obvious that the Hodgson camp wanted out. Maybe not this year but most likely by the draft and MG obviously felt like this was a good opportunity to trade him and that our biggest weakness was that big mean player he can throw out when ever someone tries pushing around the Sedins (which is going to happen). He wasn't just looking for a goon though, if he was going to give up Hodgson, that player coming back needed to be young and skilled as well and that kind of top 4 defenseman wasn't available, so MG pulled the trigger on Kassian.

We all hope Kassian will be that player this year in the playoffs but the reality of things is that he's still raw and could take another year or two to really find his game. It's his potential that we paid for and that's what makes him more valuable than Bitz. I do agree though that Bitz should replace either Raymond or Weise.

Plus we got Gragnani who is great insurance for Salo and allows us to keep guys like Rome off the PP.

I think Kassian will come around. We can t forget how young he is and the position he s unfairly been put in. He was traded for a player we Canuck fans loved and did nt see going anywhere. I think when he comes around he is going to be a valuable player to the club and the trade will be one all parties involved will benefit from. As for the playoffs, Kassian has a chance to be an integral part of a successful run to a cup this year, I hope he takes full advantage of it.

Big fan of Kassian and very happy with his game especially considering he is 21 years old. Above average puck protection and has good vision not to mention his physical play. This kid was made to be a playoff performer, something the Canucks really need to succeed.

I don't get why everyone is up in arms at the thought of Kassian receiving a good old wake up call. The guy outside of his first 3 games has done nothing.. This isn't a shot at the player, we know he is young and very inconsistent but at some point you figure something has to be done? I couldn't care less if the guy scored a single point the rest of the year if he was providing a gritty crash and bang game every night but he's not. Maybe a stern message would do him some good.

Some of the responses in this thread are ridiculous, some ppl take offense if you at all criticize this team or any player which is ludicrous. Kassian will be a good player for us down the road, but right now he is not providing a whole lot.

That's how you judge a guys hands? At least you answered my question.

Kassian has beena producer at every level......he's easily as good a stick handler as CH, and as good a playmaker as well.......CH probably has a better shot, but Kassian protects the puck better and is much much more physical. I'm betting they produce around the same level, but after points, CH doesn't brigh much else to the table.

Archived