The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Send Kassian Down. Bring Bitz Up.

Bananas

Bitz looked kinda fragile, didn't come off as a physical player really, not for his size anyway, one boring fight, couple shoves. Sure he looks intimidating, but need to see more games after getting in shape to get a better idea of his playoff potential. Right now I think Kass-Lappierre-Weise is the best possible 4th line for us, fast, angry, capable of putting in the occasional goal and playing good D.

Byron Bitz has done little in Chicago. 2 Goals in 17 games and 11 penalty minutes. He had a cute little run with Sedin line for about two games but that seems to have completely tainted some fans perception of him as a player. He has little in the way of offensive skills.

You are going to eat those words. Hodgson was just trying to a find a role on a new team. Watch him catch fire now and there is a good chance Buffalo will make the playoffs this year so if they did you may get to see if he is a playoff player but given the fact he always came up clutch in his junior days don't be surprised if he does..

Without a doubt Hodgson was making an impact on the Canucks this year and since he is gone the Canucks have had more problems scoring because they lost one of their few offensive weapons in the bottom 6. Kassian may or may not become a good player in the NHL but at the very least he is not as ready to contribute right now.

I understand Hodgson probably wanted out but Gillis made a big mistake in not getting a more veteran proven guy back in trade. It could have been a package deal of Raymond and Hodgson for someone who makes about what Raymond does.  The Canucks are a team whose window is open only as long as the Sedins are at the top of their game and they probably have already peaked as players. The Canucks probably had a legit shot this year so to make a trade for the "future" really doesn't make any sense unless you goal is not to win the Stanley Cup.

Btw, or the future I am concerned about Kassian because he seems to lack heart and he floats around too much. That is what a lot of people in Buffalo observed about him as well which was probably why the Sabres were willing to let him go. Some people have said he simply hasn't had the same intensity as a player since he got that huge suspension in junior.

this is the NHL there is no free passes for him or anyone else send him down to the minors now... One tough player is not going to get us where we want to go the rest of the team are feline cats... Sedins dont score good chance we dont go far this year same as last...will see them cross checked to the ice and beaten no penalties will be called the rest you already know..Send Kassian to the minors now...

I don't get why everyone is up in arms at the thought of Kassian receiving a good old wake up call. The guy outside of his first 3 games has done nothing.. This isn't a shot at the player, we know he is young and very inconsistent but at some point you figure something has to be done? I couldn't care less if the guy scored a single point the rest of the year if he was providing a gritty crash and bang game every night but he's not. Maybe a stern message would do him some good.

Some of the responses in this thread are ridiculous, some ppl take offense if you at all criticize this team or any player which is ludicrous. Kassian will be a good player for us down the road, but right now he is not providing a whole lot.

I think Kassian is a victim of the slumping Vancouver Canucks rather than the other way around. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until the team isn't playing so useless anymore. Its not really fair to single the new guy out who's just trying to find his role on a team that has completely lost its swagger.

With AV line juggling the way he is, breaking up lines that have chemistry and keeping others that don't like some sort of retarded puppet master the entire team is looking a little lost out there.

Actually Cody was clutch this year in the games we needed him there is no reason to suggest he couldnt be an impact player.

He got two assists in yesterdays game against tampa...he could be finding his form...He has been a captain and top elite player at every stage of his career so there is a good chance he will do the same as a sabre.

I don't want Kassian running around throwing hits and bruising up his body until the playoffs start. Anything that might make him less than 100% for the postseason simply isn't worth it.

He should be concentrating on developing plays and chemistry with Lapierre now - not on headhunting in some meaningless games.

This is why we need to bring back the Minus button ...

Seriously I am on the verge of gorilla backhand pimpslapping the next person that brings up comparisons of CoHo and Kass! It's so frustrating reading CDC sometimes with these kind of topics lol ...

Also, no we did not trade a 3rd line centre for a 4th line winger, we traded a 3rd line center for another 3rd line centre (Pahlsson) who is more suited for that role AND got a bonus big guy with the potential to become the poor man's Bertuzzi that can hit and be physical for any of our lines.

There are way too many "What if" scenarios to even begin to break it down.

What if Hodgson is shutdown in the playoffs because he isn't tough enough? Would you be crying for us to have traded him for a bigger guy then?

What if Burrows is injured, I'd rather have a big guy on their wing then another soft passer.

What if the entire team gets shoved around and bullied, would you have preferred that we have Hodgson step up for the twins?

Archived