The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Av To Be Fired?!?

Hey guys, during the news segment on a radio station in Regina they just said the Canucks are now looking to fire AV after the loss last night!

I call BS and am wondering if anyone else is hearing this in Vancouver? To me it seems like a horrible time to make such a move. Who would be the candidates to replace AV anyways? Ron Wilson? Ugh... I hope not!!!

Thoughts?

A slump is usually more like 5 games, 10 top, when your a top team...we've been in our slump for close de 20 now.  

It would be a bold move.  Backfire on NJ a couple year ago with Julien, but the Pens won the cup with Bylsma, however it's was January when they made the move I think.  Now it's too late for the new coach to get his system in place.

It didn't backfire on NJ when they fired their coach with less than 10 games left when they were at the top of the league. They went on to win the cup. Pitts fired Therien after going to the finals the year before, hired Bylzma, won the cup. AV should have been long ago, making a move at this point would take some serious cohones, I hope MG has them.

As a GM, I'm sure MG looks at all options throughout the year to see what he can do to improve his team, and I'm sure coaching is one of them. Now obviously that wasn't an option in the past, but I'm sure MG has as least entertained the thought of a coaching change over the past 2 months. Will it happened, probably not. There really isn't any better option available other than AV right now, so coaching stays, for now.

Baseless speculation at this point.

Therien was fired because he was butting heads with Crosby, and the team was going to miss the playoffs. We're 2nd in the conference, and the Sedins say they like the way AV coaches them. Totally incomparable.

Baseless speculation at this point.

Therien was fired because he was butting heads with Crosby, and the team was going to miss the playoffs. We're 2nd in the conference, and the Sedins say they like the way AV coaches them. Totally incomparable.

Obviously it is speculation at this point; and comparing this situation to the Penguins is not valid either.  However, just because the Sedin's like the way AV coaches them, that does not mean that he sticks around.  A coach can be like by all the players in the room; but if the results have not been paying off, or there seems to be a negative trend rearing its head, then it doesn't matter whether the coach is liked or disliked.

Just my opinion, but should the Canucks lose out in the first round, or bow out with a horrific performance in the second round, AV will probably have coached his last year.  Which is too bad because I like AV.

Archived