The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Av To Be Fired?!?

Well I know we are losing meaningless games, but we need to at least be able to put the puck in the net. If anyone caught last night's game, they would have just seen how the team just was not in sync, specifically the Sedins, they were just constantly off beat with their puck moving and passing. I have not really ever been a fan of AV tbh, but at the same time, I do not think that it would be fair to fire him now, seeing that the team won the President's Trophy last year and made the finals.

My opinion, I say that AV gets the playoffs this year, to see what he can do with the team, and if there is something brutal, like a 1st round exit, I truly believe that he should be fired and that Craig MaCtavish gets his chance to take over, or any other coach that may be in the market.

It'd be a risky move.

Even people who dislike AV (like me) should be able to see that. It could pay off huge, but I think Bowness would have to go as well. On the other hand, it could totally backfire with players trying to learn a new system within a few games.

Craig MacTavish, Newell Brown & Paul Maurice would probably be at the top of the list for GMMG IMO.

4008678941_9d7bc1d7b3.jpg

306256-fait-michel-therrien-aujourdhui-attend.jpg

maurice_paul_051809.jpg

Stanley+Cup+Finals+Pittsburgh+Penguins+v+Detroit+H0Djx0_lldal.jpg

Well I know we are losing meaningless games, but we need to at least be able to put the puck in the net. If anyone caught last night's game, they would have just seen how the team just was not in sync, specifically the Sedins, they were just constantly off beat with their puck moving and passing. I have not really ever been a fan of AV tbh, but at the same time, I do not think that it would be fair to fire him now, seeing that the team won the President's Trophy last year and made the finals.

My opinion, I say that AV gets the playoffs this year, to see what he can do with the team, and if there is something brutal, like a 1st round exit, I truly believe that he should be fired and that Craig MaCtavish gets his chance to take over, or any other coach that may be in the market.

Vancouver could be in cruise control, but the same thing happened with AV during the Boston series in that, the team stopped scoring and he couldn't get them going again. I know a coach only has so much power, but maybe another coach would have a little more than AV. MacTavish in Edmonton, for example, would get the team going for all those late season stretches and playing way above their abilities, maybe he could do the same thing in Vancouver.. but then again.. maybe not.

You cant fire a coach this late in the season unless you have a replacement that knows the current system because there is no way you change that just before the playoffs start .

The only reason to fire a coach right now is if there is serious locker room issues and to be honest the only way we would find that out would be if the players actually went off the status quo interview and did not give a generic interview told the media what they felt

Hey guys, during the news segment on a radio station in Regina they just said the Canucks are now looking to fire AV after the loss last night!

I call BS and am wondering if anyone else is hearing this in Vancouver? To me it seems like a horrible time to make such a move. Who would be the candidates to replace AV anyways? Ron Wilson? Ugh... I hope not!!!

Thoughts?

the solution to the canuck's slump, has to come from the dressing room....AV has been trying everything to get them out of this funk.....it is the players themselves who have their foot off the gas....

how often have you seen the sedin's cycling the puck and finding each other with passes?....the amex line is skating hard, but how often are they finding each other open?....the defense is struggling, big time.....players with normally + play, are now minus after games?....everyone on this team is capable of finishing their checks, they just have to want it more....

gillis knows what he has in AV and i doubt he'll be changing that anytime soon, or should he.....if this team bow's out early, you'll see player personel changes first.....

it is like hitting the wall in marathon races....you try to get the fight back, but your best, just isn't good enough anymore...sometimes it takes super human effort to over come it....until this team is able to pull themselves up to that level, they will continue to flounder.....if you've ever coached or played the game, you know, the answer comes from within the players...if you haven't then you'll blame the coach.....or gillis, or individuals....

anyone who thinks they will fire the coach of a top 4 team in the league, 10 games before the playoffs start needs to.........I don't even know what they need to do its so retarded.

The cdc gene pool needs more chlorine

Archived