The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Av To Be Fired?!?

No way you fire him now. 10 games to put a new coach, and system in, is not enough time anyways. The Canucks are stuck in 2nd. He gets fired if the Canucks fall short of the finals though.

History shows the teams that made the cup final, the year prior have always had struggling points during the regular season. We are doing better than the Bruins...

Instead of firing AV, I say we hire MacTavish as a coaching assistant, or coaching advisor. From what I gathered, AV is close with his players. If AV's ability is lacking, maybe MacTavish can make up for them.

Player relations and coaching abilities are both important.

The Canucks have essentially assured 2nd or 1st in the West. Why would the Canucks go out there and drain themselves for the next 3 weeks just to put to rest some naysayers in Regina?

The Canucks have nothing to play for at this point. If you don't believe me, ask Sami Salo who sat out last game although he's playing arguably some of the best hockey of his career.

Instead of firing AV, I say we hire MacTavish as a coaching assistant, or coaching advisor. From what I gathered, AV is close with his players. If AV's ability is lacking, maybe MacTavish can make up for them.

3. All trades, signings, rumours and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread.

The following are NOT considered valid sources:

• Any links to posts or threads on other message boards

• Any links to personal blogs

• Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast

• Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video

• Any news spread by word of mouth

/forum-39/announcement-15-board-specific-rules/">http://forum.canucks.com/forum-39/announcement-15-board-specific-rules/

Archived