The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Patrick Roy Will Be New Coach Of The Montreal Canadiens Next Season.

MONTREAL--Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later, turns out that Martin Leclerc of Radio-Canada.ca and NHL.com is the first off the mark with news that a deal is done between the Montreal Canadiens and former Hall of Fame goaltender Patrick Roy that will see the fiery Quebec Remparts owner/coach/GM take over the Habs' reins next fall.

Hmm, well Montreal really needs all the help they can get, I even think they will just be better off if they brought in an entire new management staff. But the team in Montreal really has no solid structure right now, all they really have is a franchise goaltender in Carey Price, who tends to be fairly inconsistent in his play.

But imo, Patrick Roy cannot really do anything worse with this team, seeing that they are last in the East and have just not been playing great hockey as of late.

"So... Saint Patrick... Rumour 'as it da 'abs isn't making the playoffs again and your job is on da line. What do you say to dat?"

"I can't really 'ear what you say, because I've got... Two Stanley Cup rings plugging my friggin' ears. Next question? That's it? Good-bye!"

TOML

"Our saviour!"

Archived