The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Lines At Practice

-Vintage Canuck-

I can't beilive the hockey stupidity on this forum!!! Raymond is a talented player with no grit, thus he is better suited to play with the top 6 guys, higgins is a player that can play gritty and can play top 6 mins, so AV is evening out the lines and putting higgins on the 3rd where grit is needed! and Raymond is on a line where he will get more scoring chances, and not have to worry about his physical game.

People aren't looking at the big picture. It's not about having one line rolling, it's about having three or four.

Right now, the third line can't produce without another offensive winger. You can't put Raymond on the third line, because he's not a bottom 6 player. And they tried putting Burrows there, and it worked, but right now Burrows seems to be the only one able to play with the Sedins.

So the next logical option is to drop Higgins to the third line to give it an offensive boost. Only change I would make though is to bring Lapierre up to the third. A Higgins Lapierre Hansen line is a very solid third line.

Then we have an awesome shutdown 4th line, and a second line of Raymond Kesler Booth; which is still an upgrade over last years Raymond Kesler Samuelsson. Bottom line is, the second line is the only place Raymond can fit, and if we can't get him going before the end of the season, our offense is gonna be about one 20 goal scorer short of being effective.

I can't beilive the hockey stupidity on this forum!!! Raymond is a talented player with no grit, thus he is better suited to play with the top 6 guys, higgins is a player that can play gritty and can play top 6 mins, so AV is evening out the lines and putting higgins on the 3rd where grit is needed! and Raymond is on a line where he will get more scoring chances, and not have to worry about his physical game.

The second line has only had success with Higgins on it, not Raymond.

Now call me stupid but putting a perimeter non producing player however seemingly talented on the current most productive line whist removing a key component doesn't seem like evening out the lines it seems counter offensive.

Yes higgy is diverse in his capabilities but the attempts to get Raymond going while constantly disrupting the test of the team to do so seems bordering on insane this close to the postseason

those lines just dont make much sense, has AV finally lost his marbles completely?

av tried raymond on the 2nd and it didnt work.

if raymond is back in and kass is out, raymond should be on the 4th line.

im finding it hard to be positive for weds game if this is the line combos...but AV is the coach(i guess?).

Sedins historically often get shut down by opposing top lines in the playoffs...why not move them to the second line and arrange the rest of the team like this:

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Pahlsson-Lapierre-Hansen

Malhotra-Weise/Raymond/Kassian/Bitz

I don't mind changes to a struggling line-up, my problem is with who is being changed and the poor timing. AV is trying to get some players going but IMO he had plenty of games leading up to our present situation to correct what has been ailing this squad. Time is running out and AV has not done a good job in match-making our forwards and is now leading a struggling team into the playoffs. We should be using these games to perfect some gameplans and tighten up our 'D' instead of playing the shell game with under-performing players who seemed on the brink of finding a little chemistry.

We all now how important motivation is going into the playoffs, I sure hope AV finds a way to make something happen with this team before it's too late.

Archived