The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Lines At Practice

-Vintage Canuck-

So we should go into the playoffs with a third line of Malhotra Pahlsson Hansen?

If we do that, then we're a two line team, and if go up against other teams with 3 or 4 lines, we're not going to be able to match them offensively.

You gotta give Raymond the benefit of the doubt here. He's obviously been working his butt off to get back into form, or I doubt the coaching staff would keep giving him chances. The guy had a career threatening injury after all, I think you have to give him the same opportunities as a player like Malhotra.

He was starting to play better last game, and maybe sitting a watching the game gave him a wakeup call. All I'm saying is, you gotta give the guy a chance.

I've never been an AV fan and I'm not worried in the least.

All teams slump. All of them. This team is no different, and the reasoning behind the slump is not about who plays on what line, but who plays how well/how hard. If it takes shifting lines around to stir the pot, so be it. I can't help but think despite the Canucks recent woes, they are still very much the same team that went to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, and will very likely turn it on when it counts . . . like they always have.

Why in gods name do people think there is one magical solution when things go a little off the rails, when the game, the team and the league is such a complex and nuanced interwoven system? There isn't one line combination only that will make this team break out of its losing ways. It will take work and perseverance and a little luck to get this engine running on all cylinders again, not one magical line, or combination of lines, coaching change or goaltender change.

It's like herding a bunch of god damned retarded juvenile cats.

Let the coach work out the problem. I can't believe I'm saying this.

Maybe Alain is making these type of line ups to piss off many many CDC members.

Alot of members here always question his coaching ability on a game to game basis

it would seem, and he is getting fed up with it.

I actually like how those lines are looking, except for Higgins on the 4th. I would have

liked to see Higgins remain on the 2nd line and be given a chance to play one the

1st powerplay unit with the Sedins.

Sedins historically often get shut down by opposing top lines in the playoffs...why not move them to the second line and arrange the rest of the team like this:

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Pahlsson-Lapierre-Hansen

Malhotra-Weise/Raymond/Kassian/Bitz

Our best player in Higgins has been demoted. Raymond has been promoted from pressbox to 2nd line. So we demote our best player and promote arguably one of the worst players on our team.

My lines would be

Sedin-Sedin-Higgins

Burrows-Kesler-Booth

Pahlsson-Lapierre-Hansen

Kassian-Malhotra-Weise/Raymond.

Edit: oh yeah and Kassian might be scratched tom. I dont know why he might be scratched because isn't this the type of game we got him for??

Maybe Alain is making these type of line ups to piss off many many CDC members.

Alot of members here always question his coaching ability on a game to game basis

it would seem, and he is getting fed up with it.

I actually like how those lines are looking, except for Higgins on the 4th. I would have

liked to see Higgins remain on the 2nd line and be given a chance to play one the

1st powerplay unit with the Sedins.

You guys are honestly idiots. AV knows what he's doing. He knows Higgins has been our most consistent player and best linemate for Ryan Kesler. He's mixing it because he needs to know what he has in the playoffs in case injuries happen.

We're going to need Raymond to get it together in case one of Booth/Higgins gets hurt. AV knows we need a 4 line attack if we're going to survive a playoff grind. Last year we had no 4th line. We had to lean far too heavily on the top-nine, and they all got hurt. We had no players healthy in the Final last year. AV wants to know if Pahlsson - Lapierre - Hansen can be the checking, grinding line to shut down other teams.

AV is trying all this now, before the playoffs start. Last year when injuries happened to our back end, it was a gong show. Bieksa collapsed because he hadn't played with anyone except Hamhuis. Edler was not effective without a functional Ehrhoff or Salo. He's mixing the lines now so the players are familiar with uncomfortable situations before it is too late.

The games don't matter anymore. He knows that. And what better team to attempt playing a little bit frazzled against than our rivals, the Hawks? It's going to happen in the playoffs. Things won't go our way. AV wants to know if the players can handle these situations.

First off the lines in pracrice usually are not used in games, secondly I do have to agree with alot of people on here regarding Zack not playing!!!! Is this true?

I still believe that Zack with the Sedins would be an awsome line, might as well put them together now to develop som chemistry before the big dance, I mean they can't get much worse then they are now.

So hat does AV have to lose? Zacks size and skill will help the sedins around the net, and because he is big he can stand up for the sedin sisters when they start to cry or get knocked on their cans.

As for the AMEX line if AV messes with that line i think he is just right out to lunch!

The third and fourth lines could easily be jugled right now there is very little productivity comming from those lines at all.

Leave Cory in net for the next three games, give Lou some time to stew and re-compse him self. Lou will be back and better than ever!

CHEERS

First off the lines in pracrice usually are not used in games, secondly I do have to agree with alot of people on here regarding Zack not playing!!!! Is this true?

I still believe that Zack with the Sedins would be an awsome line, might as well put them together now to develop som chemistry before the big dance, I mean they can't get much worse then they are now.

So hat does AV have to lose? Zacks size and skill will help the sedins around the net, and because he is big he can stand up for the sedin sisters when they start to cry or get knocked on their cans.

As for the AMEX line if AV messes with that line i think he is just right out to lunch!

The third and fourth lines could easily be jugled right now there is very little productivity comming from those lines at all.

Leave Cory in net for the next three games, give Lou some time to stew and re-compse him self. Lou will be back and better than ever!

CHEERS

you know what, this makes sense to me. Like AV said we NEED Raymond and his speed in the playoffs. Higgins has shown that he can play on any line and I'm sure the "temporary" 4th line will play well with Hiiggins there. It's a matter of trying to get Raymond going. Hopefully he takes a page out of Booth and drive the net more.

Archived