The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coach Vigneault’S Time In Vancouver Is Nearing End

Sully2Cool

One can only hope. The canucks blow 5 on 5 and its been that way ever since AV has been here.

All that talent and all they do is dump and change and attack off a turnover. Old school defencive system. Oh yeah, its the only system AV knows. With the talent they have they should be able to blow out the odd team but that never happens unless there PP is on fire. They need someone who can implement a 5 on 5 offence with all the tools the Canucks have.

lets look at the most successful coach ever in the NHL and in the NBA...

Scotty Bowman and Phil Jackson

Both of them coaches with a laid back style that allows their players to make decisions amongst themselves. I think the advantage with this is when the coach actually talks the players would listen because they know whenever the coach speaks up, what ever he has to say is important. This style proved to work in both sports. I think AV knows what he's doing.

I think the advantage with this is when the coach actually talks the players would listen because they know whenever the coach speaks up, what ever he has to say is important

Well said. If a coach is constantly harping, talking, yelling at the players it can become a hum that gets tuned out. Great leadership starts with earning the respect (and ear) of those you want to lead and I feel AV's laid back attitude is great. When his mood does change, I'm sure the players take it seriously. Great point py17.

One can only hope. The canucks blow 5 on 5 and its been that way ever since AV has been here.

All that talent and all they do is dump and change and attack off a turnover. Old school defencive system. Oh yeah, its the only system AV knows. With the talent they have they should be able to blow out the odd team but that never happens unless there PP is on fire. They need someone who can implement a 5 on 5 offence with all the tools the Canucks have.

I am sick to death of hearing the negativity surrounding this team.  It permeates everywhere in this city, from so called sports journalists, that think they have the inside scoop, to posters on blogs/radio, that think they have what it takes to play or manage this team.....we should just change our name to Vandowner :rolleyes:

Here's Daniel Wagner's (PITB) take on coach V.........

That's a half-truthIf you’re looking good reasons to fire Alain Vigneault, PITB’s got you covered. The following 16 things would be completely legitimate reasons to fire Alain Vigneault:

1. Gave the access codes for the Caprica military computer network to a Cylon posing as a human woman.

2. Instead of sending Keith Ballard to the press box, ripped out his still beating heart from his chest like Mola Ram.

3. Was responsible for the well-being of the horses on HBO’s “Luck.”

4. Cackled like a madman when it was suggested that Wellwood was “playing like a man possessed” because he is an actual demon that was possessing Wellwood and really appreciated the irony.

5. Is actually D.B. Cooper.

6. Continued to investigate X-Files even after the FBI closed the division and reassigned him to Federal background checks.

7. Borrowed Mike Gillis’s laptop and downloaded 15 Internet Explorer toolbars.

8. Released rage-infected monkeys out into the public.

9. Humiliated Roberto Luongo with new powerplay formation that places him in front of the opponents’ goal “because that’s how teams score against us.”

10. Is the man responsible for bringing former Alcatraz inmates into the future and unleashing them on San Francisco.

11. Tried to write his name in the moon with a laser.

12. Was recently unmasked as the ghost haunting the abandoned amusement park. He would have gotten away with it too, it if it wasn’t for those meddling kids.

13. Refuses to take down his Christmas lights.

14. Recently became a vegan and is soooooo self-righteous about it.

15. Accidentally e-mailed Mike Gillis a copy of his movie script about a savvy French Canadian coach and his super-stupid boss who used to be a player agent.

16. Always caught chewing gum, but never brings enough for everybody.

Tony Gallagher??

Why does ANYBODY ever listen to this little pencil neck anyways? He's had something against the Canucks since day 1. He's always stirring chit with this team. He's like that kid that nobody would ever pick for their team.. and now he's having his revenge.

I like AV as coach. He has a relaxed manner about him and the aura of a winner.

What is more I think he is ideal for the group who play for us. They are mature, intelligent, of strong character, community spirited and underneath it all hard as nails.

One of the amazing things I realised during and after last years playoffs/finals was just how bold a guy he was, coming on tv before and after every game, knowing his team was beat up but never showing any sign of weakness or lack of confidence in the them.

In a way he is showing a similar confidence now and I respect him for it. .............some of us on the other hand are already running short of plastic pants.

I think the players have a bitter taste from last years playoffs vs Boston. When Lou suppsosidly said 'dont pull me" and AV listened to him and went on to get hammered and then started the next game only to get pulled. I think this really has hit home this year because of how well Cory has played and the players wonder if Cory was given a chance he could have at least given the team a chance in some of them games.

AV and Lou is our guy is more of Lou is my guy thing and a month ago when Lou started playing poorly when we were still in 1st and they kept playing Lou the players gave up winning the Presidents trophy because why put that much effort when the coach won't give you the best chance to win.

I believe the trade of Cody was to made to make AV happy and there is little to no chance that Kassian will do much to help this team now, even though this whole season was about preparing for the Cup for this season, and then they trade a well liked player who may have helped this year for one I see having lil to no impact for a few years.

I believe this week will tell the story because if we can't compete against decent teams that we have history with that the time to remove AV is NOW!

I agree AV's time as coach of the Nucks is comming to and end. It was sugest during the last game on SNP that AV has lost the room. I think that there may be some truth to that. I think his defence first coaching style no longer suits this group of players, as I have sugested on another post similar to this, AV has no adapted to the group MG has put before him, look at the players MG has brought in: Kassian, booth, higgins, grags, wiese, bitz, lappy............. this team is now built for speed and physical play not defense first, if AV wants to save this team from an early exit from the playoffs and his inevitalbe firring then he needs to adapt and quick!

just my toughts

have a good day everyone!!!!!

Some of you should go listen to the interview with AV - Global TV http://www.globaltvb...news+hour+final

py17 said:

I think the advantage with this is when the coach actually talks the players would listen because they know whenever the coach speaks up, what ever he has to say is important. This style proved to work in both sports. I think AV knows what he's doing.

This made my day thanks for the post! It seems like everything I think about was just written by Tony Gallagher lol, and he's correct. I stand by my word since the day AV became coach I didn't like him and never have, and never will. I really don't think he's a good coach, he only looks like a good coach because of the players who play infront of him who win games, which creates a good record and makes AV look a lot better then he is. And to the people who think it's not just the players who play infront of him, well explain why Montreal didn't want him as a coach anymore after 3 years? If he was that good of a coach he would of never lost his job in Montreal, Montreal only could stand him for 3 years and I don't blame them. What's holding this team back is AV.

I agree AV's time as coach of the Nucks is comming to and end. It was sugest during the last game on SNP that AV has lost the room. I think that there may be some truth to that. I think his defence first coaching style no longer suits this group of players, as I have sugested on another post similar to this, AV has no adapted to the group MG has put before him, look at the players MG has brought in: Kassian, booth, higgins, grags, wiese, bitz, lappy............. this team is now built for speed and physical play not defense first, if AV wants to save this team from an early exit from the playoffs and his inevitalbe firring then he needs to adapt and quick!

just my toughts

have a good day everyone!!!!!

Archived