The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coach Vigneault’S Time In Vancouver Is Nearing End

Sully2Cool

I like yesterday how Mason Raymond was interviewed and was saying how he feels he has been playing defensively much better, because that's what the coach wants, but then he says I guess I just need to be more offensive and try and make more socring opportunites. He doesn't even know what to do anymore with this coach. AV wants him to play defensively and he knows that, but AV also wants him to be offensive, but if he's trying to make offense he probably wont be as defensive, and then AV will be mad at him for not playing defesively, but AV wants him to be more offensive. AV needs a MAP.

hes a laid back coach..hes not afraid to let the team know, when theyre struggling..the negative feedback always overpowers the positive. When the canucks are losing everyones panicking..medias talking about the firing AV (which i do not agree on), when canucks are winning, you don't hear anyone talking about AV...? But ya playoffs will determine how much longer he stays in vancouver.

anyone who calls for AV's head has the long-term memory of a stoner.

I don't know about you, but I can recall how bad this team looked (especially on defense) before Coach V came along. Sure we had the West Coast Express, but also on most nights, in our own end it was the Keystone Cops. The former happened despite Crawford's coaching, the latter happened for a complete lack of coaching.

In the first quarter of the first season of the coaching change, we looked a completely different team. Same players, different team. Canucks have improved each and every year since. That's coaching.

I like yesterday how Mason Raymond was interviewed and was saying how he feels he has been playing defensively much better, because that's what the coach wants, but then he says I guess I just need to be more offensive and try and make more socring opportunites. He doesn't even know what to do anymore with this coach. AV wants him to play defensively and he knows that, but AV also wants him to be offensive, but if he's trying to make offense he probably wont be as defensive, and then AV will be mad at him for not playing defesively, but AV wants him to be more offensive. AV needs a MAP.

People calling for AV's head are pathetic.

Toronto and Montreal fans calling for their coaches head, that's justified. This is just stupid. We're 6 points out of first in the NHL, even after struggling like we have. That shows that we've been pretty good the rest of the season.

I think alot of you have gotten too spoiled after winning the president's trophy last season. It's time to go get your bottles and go take a nap.

My 2 cents?

Gallagher's a moron! AV's not the problem.

MG ripped out the back half of the team when, Hodgson, our best depth player was traded. And he did nothing to address our issue on our defensive right side (or massively missing size on D). I believe the players feel let down, and are playing like it.

MG did too well up to this point to pay the price; but it appears another move will be necessary to restore the teams confidence. At this point, our only option is one that would be a mistake; to fire AV. So I suppose we go take our licks in the post season and see if we can recover the team next year?

Man, I hope I'm wrong?

:picard:

What's your excuse for St. Louis then? They are taking charge and making it look easy, while we're struggling to beat teams who are 40 points under us. I hope they snap out of this and turn it around tonight but I have a feeling if they get embarrassed by the Hawks there will be a press conference in the morning. This team went into a nosedive EXACTLY after the trade deadline? Coincidence? I don't believe in them. Part of me hopes this is just "them saving energy" but another part, the part that has watched this team for 30 years, has me feeling uneasy about what I'm seeing.

You explain why Mike Babcock coached for 2 years in Anaheim, took them to the finals the first year, was fired after the second year. Why didn't Anaheim want him? I guess by your logic he's a bad coach. I guess no Stanley cup winning "good" coach was ever let go by the first NHL team they ever coached. That's just one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard. Now I don't always agree with AV's decisions, in fact he drives me nuts sometimes, but he's by far the best coach this franchise has ever had. For those suggesting Mctavish (and even Gretzky) as a replacement giver your heads a shake

Adding to your point; even though they found Carlysle I am sure many regret having lost Babcock?

And look at the the lack of passion & energy exhibited (on and off) over an extended period of time before letting Carlysle go. Last year their season was saved by Perry going off. But why was he a non factor at the beginning of last year, him Getzlaf and Ryan for big portions this year?

The point being we are on a 4 week setback; not 2 years. Remember, in a business context you would also have to eat AV's contract and hire someone else for more money.

And you might also go backwards (like Anaheim when Babcock left) before moving forward. Or CBJ when they let go Hitchcock, St Louis when they lost Quensville. Most go backwards when they let a good guy go!

You explain why Mike Babcock coached for 2 years in Anaheim, took them to the finals the first year, was fired after the second year. Why didn't Anaheim want him? I guess by your logic he's a bad coach. I guess no Stanley cup winning "good" coach was ever let go by the first NHL team they ever coached. That's just one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard. Now I don't always agree with AV's decisions, in fact he drives me nuts sometimes, but he's by far the best coach this franchise has ever had. For those suggesting Mctavish (and even Gretzky) as a replacement giver your heads a shake

Archived