Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Coach VigneaultíS Time In Vancouver Is Nearing End

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

#121 toyotafan

toyotafan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Winningest coach in Canucks history ,what does gum chewing anoy you or something?

#122 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

It also shows that good coaches are let go by teams despite being good. Like, maybe they don't fit the plan anymore, or maybe they don't have the players' loyalty any more. Your example doesn't really bolster your position.
I'm sure Babcock was the best coach Anaheim had ever had, too. But they didn't win the cup until Carlyle, who before that was the Moose head coach. So I guess by your logic, the Canucks won't win the cup until they fire AV and bring up Craig MacTavish, right?

Am I right? Does that seem to make sense?

You see, AV needs to go. I just proved it.

Did you bother reading what I was replying too? You take what I said completely out of context. He said if AV was such a good coach why did Montreal let him go and not want him there? I used an example of a good coach, in fact one of the best, to show that teams let good coaches go all the time, exactly like you've just said? But thanks for further proving my point

#123 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Did you bother reading what I was replying too? You take what I said completely out of context. He said if AV was such a good coach why did Montreal let him go and not want him there? I used an example of a good coach, in fact one of the best, to show that teams let good coaches go all the time, exactly like you've just said? But thanks for further proving my point

You said:
"You explain why Mike Babcock coached for 2 years in Anaheim, took them to the finals the first year, was fired after the second year. Why didn't Anaheim want him? I guess by your logic he's a bad coach. I guess no Stanley cup winning "good" coach was ever let go by the first NHL team they ever coached. That's just one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard. Now I don't always agree with AV's decisions, in fact he drives me nuts sometimes,but he's by far the best coach this franchise has ever had. For those suggesting Mctavish (and even Gretzky) as a replacement giver your heads a shake"

So what are you saying? Keep AV, even though teams get rid of great coaches all of the time, or get rid of AV and anyone suggesting MacT give their head a shake? Confusing, don't you think?

Mactavish is the Wolves coach. Carlyle was the Moose coach. Babcock took them to the finals the year before. Av took the Nucks to finals last year. AV=Babcock, and Carlyle=Tmac (mact).

I want AV gone, and would rejoice if he were to be replaced, and just because he is the best coach we've ever had doesn't mean that the next coach we have won't win us the cup. The Ducks example illustrates this point perfectly.

I think AV is a good system coach, but his system has been solved by most of the league now, even though I don't think this string of poor play is a result of that. I think the recent poor play is just players not playing well. Who knows why that is? Not me.
But if you extrapolate the poor play out to the playoffs, and you take into account that AV's system is common knowledge around the league, it's not looking very good, necessarily.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#124 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Head Coach - Pat Quinn
Assitant Coach - Trevor Linden
Defensive Coach - Jyrki Lumme

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#125 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

They were in a slump and something had to be done to wake them up. I hate people who criticize the coach when they don't even know the game themselves or they haven't even played a team sport. What should he do when they are slumping as badly as they have been? Do nothing? Then you will probably cry about how AV hasn't done anything to wake them.

He shuffles the lines, but gets mixed results.

My problem with that is that it looks like he is just guessing, experimenting, trial and error, and appears to be at a loss when it comes to getting the team to focus and play determined hockey.

They played with a lot of purpose and meaning last night and I think it was because they were motivated by Daniels injury.

I have serious doubts AV can instill that on his own anymore. In light of that, I think its time for a coaching change if the team is eliminated in the early playoff rounds.

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 22 March 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#126 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

AV's coaching has made some great saves tonight.

Funny, the team has given up some quality scoring chances, and Schneider is playing stellar, which will of course all add up to "AV is our most winningest coach evar..."

#127 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

AV's coaching has made some great saves tonight.

Funny, the team has given up some quality scoring chances, and Schneider is playing stellar, which will of course all add up to "AV is our most winningest coach evar..."

By the same token, we are winning because AV put Raymond with Henrik.

#128 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

By the same token, we are winning because AV put Raymond with Henrik.

I don't really have much doubt that had AV put Higgins or Hansen with Henrik, they'd produce some points as well. With the pinpoint passes Henrik made on the plays Raymond got points on, Henrik could have bounced the puck off a stick laying on the ice and gotten points, those passes were threading a needle.

#129 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

I don't really have much doubt that had AV put Higgins or Hansen with Henrik, they'd produce some points as well. With the pinpoint passes Henrik made on the plays Raymond got points on, Henrik could have bounced the puck off a stick laying on the ice and gotten points, those passes were threading a needle.

Raymond fed Bieksa perfectly for the winning goal as well. 2 pt night along with Henrik. Genius move by AV.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.