The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could The Canucks Look Into The Khl Prior To Playoffs?

Lui's Knob

LOL, also there is no one worth going after in the KHL. Some of you need to understand, theres a gap level in terms of skill between the KHL and the NHL, as biased as some Russian fans will tell you. The best KHL players will not make it as a top line NHL player, but maybe , just maybe a 2nd line NHL player. And yes, someone like David Booth will dominate the KHL, not that David Booth is a bad player, someone like Mason Raymond will thrive in the KHL, the leauge were "everyone will win the Lady Pearson trophy for sportsmanship." this is no joke. The only player that I know of, that is probably good enough to play as a top 4 defencemen is Kiril Koltsov. But we don't want him. End thread.

I think you guys forgot one important thing. The deadline. That went and past in February. The Canucks had to have their roster set for the playoffs by Feb 28th. Mentioned before is that they don't have anyone under contract outside the ECHL/AHL. Even if they did, unless they had penciled him in then, he's not going to be able to play. The Preds obvious had been talking with Radulov for awhile.

LOL, also there is no one worth going after in the KHL. Some of you need to understand, theres a gap level in terms of skill between the KHL and the NHL, as biased as some Russian fans will tell you. The best KHL players will not make it as a top line NHL player, but maybe , just maybe a 2nd line NHL player. And yes, someone like David Booth will dominate the KHL, not that David Booth is a bad player, someone like Mason Raymond will thrive in the KHL, the leauge were "everyone will win the Lady Pearson trophy for sportsmanship." this is no joke. The only player that I know of, that is probably good enough to play as a top 4 defencemen is Kiril Koltsov. But we don't want him. End thread.

Kiril Koltsov? :bigblush:

Nah, he would pass through waivers and we'd have to pay him!

Similar to nashville could gm mg source out a player from the KHL to play waiver free for the nucks? Is there anyone we could sign? Some offense, perhaps a top 4 D?

• 9 months later...

let's just say Sergei "skipped over by us" Shirokov was among the top scorers in the KHL and that

guys like Nik Zherdev, Brandon Bochenski and LA Kings castoff Kevin Dallman (do I hear a "who?"-- Horton) are All-Stars over there, when they could barely even hold down jobs here.

unless we could pull out Ziggy Palffy and turn time back by 12 years no thanks.

That would be hilarious. I can't believe we still have him under contract.

He ripped it up in the KHL this season. 35 PTS in 53GP! :frantic:

His team is first in their conference though, so it's not likely that he'd be available for a while, if it all. Something tells me if he hasn't had any desire to come over by now, chances are he never wil.

Are you on glue? The NHL is NOT the be all and end all.Are you forgetting the European amateurs that destroyed team Canada and USA some years back in the Olympics so much so the childish NHL players trashed their hotel rooms in frustration after being humiliated by guys that held day jobs as well as playing hockey.Get over yourself and the high regard you have for this league over the KHL or any other for that matter.

Are you on glue? The NHL is NOT the be all and end all.Are you forgetting the European amateurs that destroyed team Canada and USA some years back in the Olympics so much so the childish NHL players trashed their hotel rooms in frustration after being humiliated by guys that held day jobs as well as playing hockey.Get over yourself and the high regard you have for this league over the KHL or any other for that matter.

With the way Finns are playing we might want to get some scouts to watch more games in Finland. Then again the same could be said about the WHL. Cough..cough Rockets d-men? It's inexcusable to have a WHL team in our own backyard, one that's a ferry ride away, and two just south of the border, and not know the WHL like the back of your hand. We should also be scouting the BCHL for late round gems as well.

Archived