The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Henrik Have The Heart Of A Champion?

MJDDawg

we finally have a team that can challenge for the cup and it seems like a lot of people are finding any excuse they can to whine and complain and insult certain players on our team , in this case our captain.i made some mistakes when i was young and ended up punching on with skinheads and bikers , and i can tell you no one comes out of a fight unscathed. even the fights i came out ahead in i had broken fingers and bones in my hand , eye's swollen nearly shut , infections in my fingers and hands from the saliva of the person i was punching , this is not what you want to happen to your star players , that is not their job . i do get frustrated myself some times when i see the abuse these guys cop and they do not raise their hands , but then i remember my fathers words , " it takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight ", and i know from my own experience that this is true .as far as i can see scoring points is the way to win games and henrik has been leading the team in that department for a while , he is not selfish like kesler is , he leads by example . i am so proud to have him as our captain

Typical CDC. Team is slumping and it's time to question everything that makes up the Canucks.

Fire AV

Sedins aren't good enough

Luongo is terrible

Gillis built too soft a team

Kesler needs to be captain, unless he's slumping, then trade him

Too many Europeans

It's all the same drivel. These questions weren't being raised two months ago. What's the difference now?

Pwwwah, The Captain has a different role with the media than a guy speaking candidly like Hamhuis. As the Captain you can't portray weakness and you need to show you have a plan for the future.

This is a pretty stupid topic, Henrik honestly tries harder than most people.

Pwwwah, The Captain has a different role with the media than a guy speaking candidly like Hamhuis. As the Captain you can't portray weakness and you need to show you have a plan for the future.

This is a pretty stupid topic, Henrik honestly tries harder than most people.

Typical CDC. Team is slumping and it's time to question everything that makes up the Canucks.

Fire AV

Sedins aren't good enough

Luongo is terrible

Gillis built too soft a team

Kesler needs to be captain, unless he's slumping, then trade him

Too many Europeans

It's all the same drivel. These questions weren't being raised two months ago. What's the difference now?

He left because Lapierre jumped in and there were six of them on the ice. Hank did the smart thing in getting off the ice or one of them would have been ejected from the game (like Lucic). I love Hank and Daniel a lot (by far my favourite players on this team) but I'm inclined to agree with SOME of you. They just don't seem to have that intensity/drive in a tough situation. It's been looking pretty bad lately. They just need to fight for the puck and fight for position more. They have to want it more than the other guys.

Kesler is more of a natural leader, I think. But he has a lot of maturation to do. Until then, I think Henrik should be the captain because he's a classy, mature character and he deserves it.

Skip to 8:06

Shows you why he's the captain, spoken like a true gentleman and leader. In fact, the one team that the Canucks got really emotional against was the Bruins, look what happened there.

The Canucks are at their best when they harness their emotions, that's the game they play. Cool, collected, under control. Henrik's captaincy exemplifies that. Of course, Lidstrom doesn't get guff for being the exact same type of captain because he's already won. IMO, once he hoists the Cup, people will see what a great captain Henrik is.

Yes, Hendrik has the heart of a champions!

- The Canucks have allmost won more team awards in the past 5 seasons, than all the other seasons before that

- Hendrik Sedin won awards no other Canucks player (except his brother) won before

- He inspires his team, never gets in the news with bad stories, is an example of sportmanship

- Hendrik Sedin was there when we choked in the playoffs, when our "Saviour, I dont know why I didnt score more points this season" Markus Naslund was captain, so he knows what losing was

- Hendrik Sedin lost a stanley Cup final in game 7, hell yeah he know what losing is about, in matter of fact that is the worst game you can lose

- Hendrik Sedin was also there, when we did not even qualify for the playoffs

Hendrik Sedin has seen it all, and thats a fact. He has seen the ups and downs, the begin of an era, the uprising on a era, and hopefully also the end of the era, after we won a couple of stanley cups (fingers crossed)

Honestly, I take Hendrik Sedin over Markus Naslund, and would even compare his heart for the game to Trevor Linden!

People really have to stop creating silly rumors, and stupid ideas and question about players who are under performing for a couple of games, Hendrik Sedin is without doubt one of the greatest hockey players we have seen in Vancouver, will no doubt gets his jersey retired, and already, and lets face it achieved more both teamwise as personally then Trevor Linden or Markus Naslund.

If someone gets us the cup, it will be the Sedins

I have spoken

I think he has it, but I would really like to see some emotion more often.

This may come across bad because he hit Duncan Keith in the head, but I was happy to see one of them actually finish a check for once. What bothered me is Henrik had nothing more than a few words to stand up for his teammate and brother.

Guest Dasein

I think he has it, but I would really like to see some emotion more often.

This may come across bad because he hit Duncan Keith in the head, but I was happy to see one of them actually finish a check for once. What bothered me is Henrik had nothing more than a few words to stand up for his teammate and brother.

Archived