Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Does Henrik Have The Heart Of A Champion?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#61 ghost dog

ghost dog

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

just because Hank's comments may not be exactly what you're looking for does -not- mean they're out in left field. you need to check your expectations - they might be what's out in left field.

#62 Van_City123

Van_City123

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

What he says to the media and what he says to his team mates are 2 different things. I don't think it's an issue.

This, we don't know what happens behind close doors.

negufo.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the awesome sig!

#63 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

we finally have a team that can challenge for the cup and it seems like a lot of people are finding any excuse they can to whine and complain and insult certain players on our team , in this case our captain.i made some mistakes when i was young and ended up punching on with skinheads and bikers , and i can tell you no one comes out of a fight unscathed. even the fights i came out ahead in i had broken fingers and bones in my hand , eye's swollen nearly shut , infections in my fingers and hands from the saliva of the person i was punching , this is not what you want to happen to your star players , that is not their job . i do get frustrated myself some times when i see the abuse these guys cop and they do not raise their hands , but then i remember my fathers words , " it takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight ", and i know from my own experience that this is true .as far as i can see scoring points is the way to win games and henrik has been leading the team in that department for a while , he is not selfish like kesler is , he leads by example . i am so proud to have him as our captain

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#64 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Typical CDC. Team is slumping and it's time to question everything that makes up the Canucks.

Fire AV
Sedins aren't good enough
Luongo is terrible
Gillis built too soft a team
Kesler needs to be captain, unless he's slumping, then trade him
Too many Europeans

It's all the same drivel. These questions weren't being raised two months ago. What's the difference now?
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#65 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,660 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Pwwwah, The Captain has a different role with the media than a guy speaking candidly like Hamhuis. As the Captain you can't portray weakness and you need to show you have a plan for the future.

This is a pretty stupid topic, Henrik honestly tries harder than most people.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#66 iamspuzzum

iamspuzzum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

He's being guarded in his answers, trying not to give anything negative to write about. Besides that, he's trying to at least project a positive attitude. Nothing wrong with that.

#67 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

Pwwwah, The Captain has a different role with the media than a guy speaking candidly like Hamhuis. As the Captain you can't portray weakness and you need to show you have a plan for the future.

This is a pretty stupid topic, Henrik honestly tries harder than most people.

See bolded ^^ I think this is at the heart of most comments/concerns. Not in words but in actions.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 21 March 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#68 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Typical CDC. Team is slumping and it's time to question everything that makes up the Canucks.

Fire AV
Sedins aren't good enough
Luongo is terrible
Gillis built too soft a team
Kesler needs to be captain, unless he's slumping, then trade him
Too many Europeans

It's all the same drivel. These questions weren't being raised two months ago. What's the difference now?

:picard:
Uh....I think you answered your own question

Are you the type of poster that when we go on an inevitable winning streak again, will be harping about "Where are all the whiners now?"

I'll never understand those who join a discussion board and then get upset when people discuss the team - negatively or positively.

#69 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

edit: double post

Edited by kilgore, 21 March 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#70 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

No but he does have the Hart of a Canuck

#71 Lemieux

Lemieux

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

He left because Lapierre jumped in and there were six of them on the ice. Hank did the smart thing in getting off the ice or one of them would have been ejected from the game (like Lucic). I love Hank and Daniel a lot (by far my favourite players on this team) but I'm inclined to agree with SOME of you. They just don't seem to have that intensity/drive in a tough situation. It's been looking pretty bad lately. They just need to fight for the puck and fight for position more. They have to want it more than the other guys.

It's not like a penalty or ejection will kill your team. This is not the game 7 of the Finals. You see, they had 6 Bruins on ice and only 5 Canucks. 6 vs 5!!!!

You are basically leaving your teammates to do their thing, while you duck. You see, the other guy being Lucic doesn't do that. This is why, as hard as it is for me to say it, they deserve the cup more. You get a game ejection, maybe you lose the game, but you get the true respect of your teammates. Don't tell me about being soft. Even Gretzky had dropped his gloves several times!!!
This signature is not blank.

#72 Lemieux

Lemieux

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Kesler is more of a natural leader, I think. But he has a lot of maturation to do. Until then, I think Henrik should be the captain because he's a classy, mature character and he deserves it.

Skip to 8:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz_xEe10kfI&t=8m6s

Shows you why he's the captain, spoken like a true gentleman and leader. In fact, the one team that the Canucks got really emotional against was the Bruins, look what happened there.

The Canucks are at their best when they harness their emotions, that's the game they play. Cool, collected, under control. Henrik's captaincy exemplifies that. Of course, Lidstrom doesn't get guff for being the exact same type of captain because he's already won. IMO, once he hoists the Cup, people will see what a great captain Henrik is.

The best witchcraft that they possess is disappearance.
This signature is not blank.

#73 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,082 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I vote no. I don't need to break it down with a ten paragraph post, you can just see it.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#74 micronuck

micronuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

Yes, Hendrik has the heart of a champions!

- The Canucks have allmost won more team awards in the past 5 seasons, than all the other seasons before that
- Hendrik Sedin won awards no other Canucks player (except his brother) won before
- He inspires his team, never gets in the news with bad stories, is an example of sportmanship
- Hendrik Sedin was there when we choked in the playoffs, when our "Saviour, I dont know why I didnt score more points this season" Markus Naslund was captain, so he knows what losing was
- Hendrik Sedin lost a stanley Cup final in game 7, hell yeah he know what losing is about, in matter of fact that is the worst game you can lose
- Hendrik Sedin was also there, when we did not even qualify for the playoffs

Hendrik Sedin has seen it all, and thats a fact. He has seen the ups and downs, the begin of an era, the uprising on a era, and hopefully also the end of the era, after we won a couple of stanley cups (fingers crossed)

Honestly, I take Hendrik Sedin over Markus Naslund, and would even compare his heart for the game to Trevor Linden!

People really have to stop creating silly rumors, and stupid ideas and question about players who are under performing for a couple of games, Hendrik Sedin is without doubt one of the greatest hockey players we have seen in Vancouver, will no doubt gets his jersey retired, and already, and lets face it achieved more both teamwise as personally then Trevor Linden or Markus Naslund.

If someone gets us the cup, it will be the Sedins

I have spoken
Sure, correct or laugh at my spelling...We can continue the discussion in German or Dutch if you prefer....

#75 westsideconnect

westsideconnect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,705 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

I think he has it, but I would really like to see some emotion more often.

This may come across bad because he hit Duncan Keith in the head, but I was happy to see one of them actually finish a check for once. What bothered me is Henrik had nothing more than a few words to stand up for his teammate and brother.
Matthew 6:33

#76 micronuck

micronuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

God damn, I can't totally tell if this is a sarcastic post or not.

But if you are this completely retarded and don't know that his name is in fact, HENRIK, I actually might feel sorry for you.

No, I was not being sarcastic, yes Ive made a mistake with his name, because I am used to Hendrik, instead on Henrik in Holland. Anyway, no need to react like that, if you feel sorry for someone making this little kind of mistake in life, than you probably have a lot to worry and feel sorry about eh?
Sure, correct or laugh at my spelling...We can continue the discussion in German or Dutch if you prefer....

#77 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

I think he has it, but I would really like to see some emotion more often.

This may come across bad because he hit Duncan Keith in the head, but I was happy to see one of them actually finish a check for once. What bothered me is Henrik had nothing more than a few words to stand up for his teammate and brother.

As captain and leading scorer of the team, he did what was best for the team. We just saw one Sedin leave with an injury - why would Henrik risk injuring himself in a fight when he's the only legitimate 1st line talent remaining on the roster? As team captain and leading scorer, it would have been highly irresponsible and selfish for him to seek retribution for his twin brother on a personal level.

Henrik's got a team to lead - he knows that and his teammates know that. He has responsibility to carry on and take care of the team's interest before he and his brother's personal interests.

That's why guys like Bieksa, Kassian and Burrows stepped up. That's their role. Henrik's is to play hockey.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#78 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

I vote no. I don't need to break it down with a ten paragraph post, you can just see it.

changed your mind after tonights game ?

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.