The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

Sorry, but I had to deal with you guys on "my board" all night long....and nothing I've said constitutes trolling. I said I agree with someone and I said that Keith was wrong....somehow that makes me a troll.

Some of you need to grow up....especially those who take their screen names after guys who committed the most atrocious act in

Tell ya what...you want a troll remark. Those of you who want blood and revenge on Keith, the same ones who are complaining about how dirty the hit was...lol...why don't you send Burrows after him to bite his finger and pull his hair?

MMkay?

oh leave him alone. Trolls feed on replies.

I think the hit was pretty bad. didn't watch the whole game. Didn't see Daniel's hit.

can't comment more.

This is where CDC loses other fans around the leagues support. I have to preface this comment by saying what Dunc pulled was COMPLETELY out of line and as dirty as you can get and he should be hit hard with the rulebook and Shanahan would be completely justified in doing so as it was a clear case of retribution. I'd support a longer suspension because this reaction was unacceptable. But this type of response and attitude, while clearly being fueled by the fresh emotion of tonights game, makes you no better then what Keith pulled on Henrik.

With that being said though, you can not ignore the whole reason this whole thing started. I have read constantly all night on here about how Henrik hit Keith in the chest and that is completely and utterly false. The intent WAS to hit him in the chest. I don't think you will find to many people arguing against you there but intent and reality are two completely different animals. Henrik hit Dunc in the head with his shoulder. Dunc was leaned over and Hank is bigger then Dunc to begin with so while it was a bad hit that should have been a penalty I didn't think it was dirty or deserved anything more then some words after the whistle. Dunc obviously didn't see it that way and responded in the worst possible way and he embarrassed himself and the franchise in doing so. Pretty clear suspendable incident but you can't ignore what Hank did to instigate the incident.

no matter how you slice or dice it that was a dirty freaking hit and SHOULD be a suspension.

The sad thing is though, Keith will be gone for far less games than Daniel barring a miracle. So basically, a former art ross winner got KTFO by an elbow, and people are creating reasons for it? Elbows that brutal are pretty rare, and it's pretty clear it was an intent to injure.

Say what you will about the old NHL/instigator rule, but that crap would not have flown back then

Hank went through all this and Daniel gets a possible concussion to boot? Damn, Keith really did throw a magic elbow. ;)

I digress. Allow me to also preface my initial statment on the matter that has caused offense.

I don't disagree with you. Answering violence with violence is an unacceptable practice in any theater, be it hockey, football, even your Mom's weekend bridge tournament. However, once such things do occur, as Duncan Keith did by retaliating on our team's top scorer, the officials job is to then swiftly set forth corrective measures, such as 5 minute major penalties along with game misconducts. With no forthcoming support from the league you speak of, justice still must be served, or every player on the Vancouver Canucks who occasionally scores goals is at further risk.

So, respectively, war was not declared by a Sedin, the Canucks, Bryan Adams, or even the township of Whistler, BC. Therefor, what violence might ensue as result of that retaliatory strike, in the absense of league support, lies squarely on the backs of Duncan Keith and the Chicago pockets from which that rickshaw officiating originated. Full stop.

Basically, if the NHL doesn't want retaliation for an incident like this they really need to get their officiating out of the gutters. We wouldn't be having this conversation if Keith was hauled off the ice and out of the rink, appropriately.

Archived