The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

If you want a good laugh, go read the NHL write-up of the game. It's a Fairweatherhawks lovefest, followed by some of the most ignorant comments you can possibly imagine. Way to go Chicago; you've proven once again that the league will do anything to help you, and you hate hockey. Keep assaulting other fans and making the rest of us Americans look terrible!

so pissed about these type of cheap shots. even if they suspend keith the rest of the season and 2 playoff games..what if daniel doesn't play again this year at all? i hate how we didn't retaliate. we did kinda but in this face wash type of way. after the whistle sum one shoulda took their glove off and drilled keith in the face when he wasn't looking. take a 3 game suspension. but instead we face wash and glove punch and right now keith is havin a beer 100% healthy. great league we have ourselves here.

In a way I hope he his not suspended. In fact, the Chicago Blackhawks might like that...because they are pretty much secured in that 6th spot and they don't really want to jump up 4th of 5th to play Detroit or Nashville.

My guess is 3-5 games, but even if it's 8-10 and he misses the rest of the season, the Blackhawks would rather finish 6th, even if they don't have home ice advantage.

Being suspended in the regular season doesn't means anything, what the heck, 2-3 games is just an extra week/weekend the player can be with his wife/family. 2-3 playoff game that is where it hurts. 3 games out of 82, no big deal, 3 games of a best of 7, that is something to think about.

If it would have been Burrows on Keith, would have been 5-10 games...but since it's Keith on Sedin, 3-5 or maybe less if Doan a repeat offender got 3 and Bourque got 5.

Yeah,BIEKSA is going to stare at him into fits of hysteria so loud and long he keels over and dies.

Gillis has done nothing to shore up toughness on Top 4 D or top 6 FWD that will deal with this type of behaviour to the Sedins.

Instead,he is in some type of offensive lapse that denies toughness.

Bottom 9-12 toughness won't protect the Sedins.

Bieksa is not doing it.

After watching the video a million times and looking at the recent Shanahan suspensions and the reasons for them, I would expect, and be satisfied with, a suspension in the 5-8 game range.

Edit:  It definitely won't be 8 games, actually, because that would include a playoff game.  So maybe 7 max.

^ agreed.

I mean, we're intentionally sitting out one of our best defenceman before the playoffs (Salo)

Why not have him take out one of the best players on a rival team right before playoffs start? If he's going to sit out, it might as well be for elbowing Toews or Kane in the head right?

I say he will get 5 games.

Doan got 3 games for his head hit which was pretty similar. However, if you add that D Sedin is most likely injured, D Sedin didn't have the puck and a hit took place earlier in the game between both of them, he will get 5 games in my opinion.

It should be more than 5 due to clear intent to injure and absolutely no effort to play the puck.

However, it will probably be 3-5 because Keith has no history. It's bull, because the intent was clear as day, but I assume Keith will get 3-5 games. No more than the rest of the regular season, but I highly doubt he will get that much. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't agree with "why not elbow ___________ in the head". Don't encourage this dirty play - the way to settle this is by beating the crap out of them. Clearly, with the Chickenhawks making the comments towards Kass, they're taunting and even challenging for that. And isn't that part of why he's here? - to deter others from taking runs at our players like this? I know he's young and there's a role beyond that for him, but this is where he needs to start. Every single hit to their players afterwards should have left an imprint. I love Bieksa, as one of my favourites, but the Bieksa of old needed to knock someone out.

I do like that we were "ready" to go in response...unfortunately, as is always the case, the refs made sure we couldn't. But I love that Burr didn't care and was in there. And I do wish our guys could've popped a few them despite the efforts to restrain them. Needs to happen. Enough of this trying to do it the way we're supposed to...we end up the losers in that game. Free for all time.

Sure, we may lose guys in the process who'll be turfed or, even worse, injured in the process. But isn't that happening anyhow? May as well make them pay too.

The fact that Keith was allowed to fly around the ice afterward and Daniel is in a room, with the possibility (there always is) of not returning makes my blood boil. He needed to be addressed - directly and with emphasis.

^ agreed.

I mean, we're intentionally sitting out one of our best defenceman before the playoffs (Salo)

Why not have him take out one of the best players on a rival team right before playoffs start?  If he's going to sit out, it might as well be for elbowing Toews or Kane in the head right?

It should be more than 5 due to clear intent to injure and absolutely no effort to play the puck.

However, it will probably be 3-5 because Keith has no history. It's bull, because the intent was clear as day, but I assume Keith will get 3-5 games. No more than the rest of the regular season, but I highly doubt he will get that much. I hope I'm wrong.

I agree that Keith should have received 5 and a game as that would have negated the Nucks feeling they had to go ballistic in retaliation. Part of what goes into the decision on the ice is who the players are. If it was Cook or Ott than I think an immediate 5 and game. Keith has no history of playing on the edge whatsoever and as much as nuck fans don't like to hear it the Sedins have a history of falling to the ice easily after contact so with this in mind I can understand the call.

By the way ... with all this eye for an eye mentality that canuck fans are voicing you better hope the players don't adopt it as well cause it will only mean lots of time spent in the box.

Archived