The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

Don't you have your own board to post your 'insightful' gum-flappery on? This is the Canucks board, what did you expect the discussion to be here when one of your exalted Hawks pulls a blatant move like this? I can just hear your brain exploding if I now tried to mitigate Todd Bertuzzi's behavior and wrote "Bertuzzi is human, he made a mistake" in regards to the Moore incident....... :rolleyes:

Duncan Keith was a player I once actually admired for his gritty, solid defensive play, couldn't envision a better pairing than he and Seabrook, but after his first incident with Cooke and now this one, he's displaying a history of behavior that makes him a pariah and repeat offender. Hopefully Shanny gets it right and your boy is missing from games for awhile. 5 would be good, longer would be even better.

Edit: You're such a hypocrite....... you follow up your 'human' comment by throwing in this below? It's ok for your pretty boy to be 'human' but nobody else is? You drag up two incidents from a few years ago and expect us to assign you some credibility when in fact you and your fellow troll from last night whine about it when Canucks fans do it to illustrate Keith's less than stellar behavior on the ice......

Your point is completely valid wondering why we aren't on our own boards. I can't speak for others but I avoid our boards because of the bandwagon idiots that fill the board. I come to these boards to read and occasionally chime in to chat hockey with fans that for the most part are not complete morons. While obviously biased, which is clearly expected, it is still much more entertaining and fulfilling to discuss things among fans that have been watching hockey for longer then 4 seasons... I hope that by now I have earned the respect and the right to chime in every now and again. I started posting here in 09 and have only posted a small number of times since then so I hope I am not viewed as a troll the times I do make my appearances on your board. I am a guest here and don't wish to step on toes.

The hearing was to take place over the phone which can carry a maximum of five games. However, globalbc news just reported that the hearing is now going to be face to face. The elbow was in retaliation to the solid hit Daniel had on Keith earlier in the period. I say he misses the rest of the regular season.

The elbow was blatant and there was no intention on playing the puck. Keith knew what he was doing.

Once again, that was probably the most blatent headshot all year - perhaps even more than Wiz's preseason shot.

Wiz had a history, so I thought that Keith should get just under his, 5-7 games. But then again, the premeditated aspect of it might make it even worse to the league. Many hits are done at high speed, or an emotional response to something that just happened. But deciding in advance that you are going to jump (literally) at the chance to concuss a star player on a rival team... ...that is probably the most intolerable thing you can do.

Perhaps I'm being a homer here, but I think the fair suspension would be 8 games - the last one being the Hawks' first playoff game.

Once again, that was probably the most blatent headshot all year - perhaps even more than Wiz's preseason shot.

Wiz had a history, so I thought that Keith should get just under his, 5-7 games. But then again, the premeditated aspect of it might make it even worse to the league. Many hits are done at high speed, or an emotional response to something that just happened. But deciding in advance that you are going to jump (literally) at the chance to concuss a star player on a rival team... ...that is probably the most intolerable thing you can do.

Perhaps I'm being a homer here, but I think the fair suspension would be 8 games - the last one being the Hawks' first playoff game.

This is one of the most blatant intent to injure hits that I have seen. There was no inadvertant contact with the head or shoulder check to head. It was an elbow directed toward the head without any attempt at a legal check. Add to the fact that if he actually said "I am going to get you" to D Sedin it also makes it premeditated. This kind of hit derserves at least a 20 game suspension. To me it makes no difference if friends, players and fans of Keith say this is uncharacteristic of him. There is no way you can justify this by saying Daniel derserved this because you "think" his hit on Keith was dirty. That is like saying Moore deserved a career ending punch to the back of his head. Both examples of premeditated intent with actual injury as an outcome. Inexcusable then, totally inexcusable now!

Why is Keith not paraded in front of the media to appologize? Because he is a nice guy??

If he is lucky Daniel will be back by playoffs, if not it may be the reason the Canucks are eliminated, who knows

This is one of the most blatant intent to injure hits that I have seen. There was no inadvertant contact with the head or shoulder check to head. It was an elbow directed toward the head without any attempt at a legal check. Add to the fact that if he actually said "I am going to get you" to D Sedin it also makes it premeditated. This kind of hit derserves at least a 20 game suspension. To me it makes no difference if friends, players and fans of Keith say this is uncharacteristic of him. There is no way you can justify this by saying Daniel derserved this because you "think" his hit on Keith was dirty. That is like saying Moore deserved a career ending punch to the back of his head. Both examples of premeditated intent with actual injury as an outcome. Inexcusable then, totally inexcusable now!

Why is Keith not paraded in front of the media to appologize? Because he is a nice guy??

If he is lucky Daniel will be back by playoffs, if not it may be the reason the Canucks are eliminated, who knows

nah i think rene bourque on backstrom is the most blatant headshot of the year. but ya if Rome got 4 game in the SCF for a clean but late hit.. then Keith should be suspended for the rest of the regular season and maybe 1-2 game in the first round.. i mean what's suspending Keith for the regular season going to do? nothing honestly except losing a chunk in his salary.. it's suspending them for meaningful games that's going to hurt them..

but i think Sedin's borderline hit on Keith is also going to be a factor in the suspension here. Stop telling yourself that was a clean solid hit.. it was a borderline hit at best considering Daniel's shoulder was higher than necessary.

The Hawks have 7 games remaining, so won't be surprised if he's suspended for the remainder of the season......gives him a nice little rest before the p/o start. <_<

Then again, his absence could affect the outcome of the games he dosen't play in (his toi is high) and Hawks could drop out of p/o contention...now that would be revenge without having to "kill" any bodies!

I'm pretty objective, and certainly and "old time hockey" kind of guy. That said, I think the remainder of the regular season and the first game of the playoffs would be a suitable punishment and a good message to send to othr players.

nah i think rene bourque on backstrom is the most blatant headshot of the year. but ya if Rome got 4 game in the SCF for a clean but late hit.. then Keith should be suspended for the rest of the regular season and maybe 1-2 game in the first round.. i mean what's suspending Keith for the regular season going to do? nothing honestly except losing a chunk in his salary.. it's suspending them for meaningful games that's going to hurt them..

but i think Sedin's borderline hit on Keith is also going to be a factor in the suspension here. Stop telling yourself that was a clean solid hit.. it was a borderline hit at best considering Daniel's shoulder was higher than necessary.

If Shanahan and co. have any cojones at all, Keith should get a nice even number of games...like 10.

History, premeditation can be taken out of consideration, and it is still one of the most unsportsmanlike hits in recent (i.e. since the headshot crackdown) history.

This type of behaviour cannot be tolerated for any reason.

I think a headshot like this, that has no defensible rationale, should be a minimum 10 games.

Took my Canucks glasses off and what I wonder is why isn't anybody here talking about Daniel's hit on Keith?

When I saw it live I didn't think anything about it - looked clean.

Watching the replays a few times and it also was definately a shoulder to head shot - which should also be suspendable.

Yes, it was no where near what Keith did - but based on others like it - it should be a 1-3 game suspension.

Took my Canucks glasses off and what I wonder is why isn't anybody here talking about Daniel's hit on Keith?

Watching the replays a few times and it also was definately a shoulder to head shot - which should also be suspendable.

Yes, it was no where near what Keith did - but based on others like it - it should be a 1-3 game suspension.

hope he gets the max. rest of the reg season plus 1 playoff game. Shanny need to make an example. A superstar norris and gold medal winner cant get away with a deliberate head shot, esp on an art ross/ted lindsay award winner.

Archived