The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

I personally am beginning to get tired of the NHL. Here we are 10 games from the playoffs and that deliberately happens on a star player. Will it affect Chicago for the playoffs of course not. It kinda just makes me want a team football players who can skate. Is that hockey? or is that what hockey is supposed to be? Its certainly seems its those who prosper. Obviously the players dont care about being suspended at this point and most dont even acknowledge they did anything wrong even after the suspension. In my mind it takes a different kind of individual to deliberately hurt someone and it happens. In real life they are criminals in sports they are warriors or competitive, role players you could say. (I'm not saying Keith's situation was criminal by the way).

My point is that the NHL will never be able to stop things and suspensions are not going to do it. Unless they devise a new system perhaps like driving with deremit points and once you reach a level you are banned for a year type thing. Right now this stuff will happen so honestly the smart thing is to join the way the NHL is headed and teach John Cena to skate.

Daniel's hit on Keith wasn't as bad as the elbow, but it was still a headshot from the blindside.

Close your eyes and imagine seeing the Daniel hit in the corner with the players reversed. Would you call it no big deal if Daniel was hit in the head like that in the corner after moving the puck, from a blind side.

It's all well and good to be a fan, but keep your objectivity.

I personally am beginning to get tired of the NHL. Here we are 10 games from the playoffs and that deliberately happens on a star player. Will it affect Chicago for the playoffs of course not. It kinda just makes me want a team football players who can skate. Is that hockey? or is that what hockey is supposed to be? Its certainly seems its those who prosper. Obviously the players dont care about being suspended at this point and most dont even acknowledge they did anything wrong even after the suspension. In my mind it takes a different kind of individual to deliberately hurt someone and it happens. In real life they are criminals in sports they are warriors or competitive, role players you could say. (I'm not saying Keith's situation was criminal by the way).

My point is that the NHL will never be able to stop things and suspensions are not going to do it. Unless they devise a new system perhaps like driving with deremit points and once you reach a level you are banned for a year type thing. Right now this stuff will happen so honestly the smart thing is to join the way the NHL is headed and teach John Cena to skate.

how about that luongo kid. my my ...... :bigblush:

lol i found it funny though when kass and him were lipping each other off and he said "you;ve been a keep contribution to the team" ::D hahahaha and then he walks away and kesler taps him " dont listen to that redneck"

If the NHL was legit Keith would have gotten 5 and game misconduct. And then he would get suspended for 6-8 games for intent to injure. Shanahan would make a DVD of that hit and send it to all the teams. See how the puck is nowhere close to the player? See how this was pre-meditated? See how he hit him with nothing but elbow? See how he lunged at him? That's what we don't want. This is what happens when you do this.

But this is Bettman's NHL. That's not how it works here. Keith gets to stay in the game. Hawks get to go on the powerplay all night. The paid actors get to skate around pretending to be referees. And Bettman interrupts his conference call with Jeremy Jacob, planning out how the playoffs should be refereed, to call Shanahan into his office to tell him exactly what to do.

Obvious malicious head shot is obvious. There's no excuse for the hit or the refs blilndness in this ridiculous, one sided sh!te. Hell, the refs are screwing the Canucks like it's last year's playoffs all over again.

Screw the score - to hell with winning. After that cheap horse-$h!t shot on Daniel, I hope the only thing AV instructs during this break is "cry havoc, let slip the dogs of war." We need to hurt people now, take some of our own suspensions. That was Daniel Sedin for the love of God. Time to send a message to Buttman, Chicago and the entire NHL. The message? If the refs and teams wanna tank us again this year with such one-sided reffing and cheap shots we're not leaving without spilling blood on the ice and taking some scalps.

Archived