The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

Gotta remember, Marchand got what, 5 games for his hit on Salo? If Marchand's late hit to Salo that didn't cause any damage was worth 5, then Keith's elbow to the head of an Art Ross winner and possibly causing a concussion should AT LEAST be 5.

Didn't Salo miss like 9 (?) games after that hit?

EXTREMELY disgusted by the hit and even more so by the lack of reaction the Canucks showed. Like he is our leading goal scorer and point getter... DO SOMETHING dont just face wash the guy take off your gloves and pound him. I was embarrassed by the lack of emotion after that hit. What if we lose him for the playoffs? Was the "penalty to make them pay on the powerplay" worth it? Give your heads a shake and stick up for your team mates if a guy is taking liberties.

If that was Malkin on Pens or any other leading scorer on a team there would have been blood I can guarantee.

Absolutely embarassed by the lack of emotion/reaction... Even if there is a suspension we lost a star player

EXTREMELY disgusted by the hit and even more so by the lack of reaction the Canucks showed. Like he is our leading goal scorer and point getter... DO SOMETHING dont just face wash the guy take off your gloves and pound him. I was embarrassed by the lack of emotion after that hit. What if we lose him for the playoffs? Was the "penalty to make them pay on the powerplay" worth it? Give your heads a shake and stick up for your team mates if a guy is taking liberties.

If that was Malkin on Pens or any other leading scorer on a team there would have been blood I can guarantee.

Absolutely embarassed by the lack of emotion/reaction... Even if there is a suspension we lost a star player

For some reason, I have faith that Shanahan will do the right thing.

Doan got 3 games for a chicken wing to the head of Jamie Benn. The puck was in the vicinity, Benn just happened to chip it past and Doan instinctively stuck out the elbow to slow him down. Obviously his prior history factored in - but so did the fact that Benn wasn't injured.

Daniel on the other hand was injured on the play. The severity of the injury is unknown, but if it is indeed a concussion - I expect Shanahan will take it seriously. Keith has no past history, but the fact that it seems like clear retaliation to Danny's hit earlier and that the puck wasn't even there definitely shows intent to injure.

I feel as though Shanahan likes to key on:

(1) How "vicious" the hit was (intent to injure).

(2) Past history of the hitter.

(3) Any apparent injury.

It was vicious. Retaliatory and obvious intent to injure. Keith has no prior history with the league with supplemental discipline. However, there was apparent injury on the play. So perhaps 3-5 games?

Of course, as I fan I want more. :mad:

to me its a 8 game suspension to Keith 5 for a dirty elbow and intent to injure danny when he doesn't have the puck anywhere near him it hops over his head, keith didn't want the puck he wanted to INJURE Daniel and another 3 for injuring danny, just saw on twitter murph said that henrik told him that keith said "I'm going to get you" to Daniel

but this whats gonna happen Shanny gonna give him two games max because its Keith first time and crap this is why headshots won't stop ...

Archived