The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

Thats really bloody smart..... keith is one of the best skating defensemen in the league... who was going to take him out with a hit mason raymond? ???

also is risking a long term suspension by bertuzzing someone really worth it......

has that whole incident taught you nothing?

seriously i fear for the future of society.

I think there was quite a message sent, fact of the matter is keith avoided everything after he got back from his misconduct . Sure they could have taken a run at keith but knowing the leagues hatred for the canucks your naive if you dont think the league would have thrown the book at us even worse.

Doan got 3 the other day for the hit on Benn. Benn didn't leave the game so this is worse (greater severity of injury) and the puck was in Benn's skates and not near Danny (away from the play) which also makes it worse. 4-6 games IMHO. If it's a broken jaw then it could be more. Shanny better do the right thing.

If i was coaching this team i would have had Wiese or Kassian waiting outside the box for Keith.

the second he touched the ice the mitts would be flying.

i don't get it, they responded but not enough.

should have taken out Kane and Keith.

take out one of ours and we 'll take out 2 of yours.

cmon AV lets get serious.

Bitz, Duco in Wiese out.

Daniel's hit on Keith wasn't as bad as the elbow, but it was still a headshot from the blindside.

Close your eyes and imagine seeing the Daniel hit in the corner with the players reversed. Would you call it no big deal if Daniel was hit in the head like that in the corner after moving the puck, from a blind side.

It's all well and good to be a fan, but keep your objectivity.

I've recently been researching concussions (also called mTBIs, or mild Traumatic Brain Injuries) and from what I've seen, that elbow is almost guaranteed to give Daniel a concussion.

From the clip, it appeared he was hit squarely in the chin, and spun around from the force of the blow.

Based on the fact that a rotational force to the head, especially to the jaw area, is a leading cause of mTBIs (helmets offer no protection against rotational trauma), I would expect Daniel to be out 2-4 games at minimum.

On the bright side, he was able to skate to the bench, so there's no immediate evidence that it's especially severe.

2 min penalty

the nhl is a complete joke. it's a shame that the referreeing standards change every 5 minutes.

it's hard to take the game seriously, like refs in World Wrestling.

canucks deserve to lose the games they lose but even in wins the reffing is a farce in this league, by far the worst and most inconsistant than any other pro sport.

so does time of injury have any impact on penalty given?? i mean obviously the first half of the season is a whatever deal and after that it gets serious, so since this happened so late in the season (to an elite player on a cup contending team) does this have any impact on the punishment.... i mean if they take injuries into consideration they should take when in the season it happens. no?>?

Archived