The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

Obvious malicious head shot is obvious. There's no excuse for the hit or the refs blilndness in this ridiculous, one sided sh!te. Hell, the refs are screwing the Canucks like it's last year's playoffs all over again.

Screw the score - to hell with winning. After that cheap horse-$h!t shot on Daniel, I hope the only thing AV instructs during this break is "cry havoc, let slip the dogs of war." We need to hurt people now, take some of our own suspensions. That was Daniel Sedin for the love of God. Time to send a message to Buttman, Chicago and the entire NHL. The message? If the refs and teams wanna tank us again this year with such one-sided reffing and cheap shots we're not leaving without spilling blood on the ice and taking some scalps.

Sorry, but I had to deal with you guys on "my board" all night long....and nothing I've said constitutes trolling. I said I agree with someone and I said that Keith was wrong....somehow that makes me a troll.

Some of you need to grow up....especially those who take their screen names after guys who committed the most atrocious act in

Tell ya what...you want a troll remark. Those of you who want blood and revenge on Keith, the same ones who are complaining about how dirty the hit was...lol...why don't you send Burrows after him to bite his finger and pull his hair?

MMkay?

He buried his shoulder into Keith's head...that simple. Play it off anyway you want, the replay says you're wrong. Look, it doesn't excuse anything Keith did. I'm not defending it, but it's also hockey. It's a big boy's game and Sedin wanted to obviously get Keith's attention....and he did. Keith responded in a very reckless and dangerous way. But please...don't play off Daniel's hit like it was just another check. It wasn't.

Sorry, but I had to deal with you guys on "my board" all night long....and nothing I've said constitutes trolling. I said I agree with someone and I said that Keith was wrong....somehow that makes me a troll.

Some of you need to grow up....especially those who take their screen names after guys who committed the most atrocious act in

Tell ya what...you want a troll remark. Those of you who want blood and revenge on Keith, the same ones who are complaining about how dirty the hit was...lol...why don't you send Burrows after him to bite his finger and pull his hair?

MMkay?

MMkay?

This is where CDC loses other fans around the leagues support. I have to preface this comment by saying what Dunc pulled was COMPLETELY out of line and as dirty as you can get and he should be hit hard with the rulebook and Shanahan would be completely justified in doing so as it was a clear case of retribution. I'd support a longer suspension because this reaction was unacceptable.

With that being said though, you can not ignore the whole reason this whole thing started. I have read constantly all night on here about how Henrik hit Keith in the chest and that is completely and utterly false. The intent WAS to hit him in the chest. I don't think you will find to many people arguing against you there but intent and reality are two completely different animals. Henrik hit Dunc in the head with his shoulder. Dunc was leaned over and Hank is bigger then Dunc to begin with so while it was a bad hit that should have been a penalty I didn't think it was dirty or deserved anything more then some words after the whistle. Dunc obviously didn't see it that way and responded in the worst possible way and he embarrassed himself and the franchise in doing so. Pretty clear suspendable incident but you can't ignore what Hank did to instigate the incident.

To be fair, Daniel did raise his shoulder to make contact with Keith's head. However, I don't think Daniel's hit is suspendable unless they think its late. I would like to see a replay of that hit though.

Keith's hit should be looked at separately.

I never played it off as if it was "just another check". In case you missed it, I did say that if the officials had eyes - then they should have rightfully given Daniel 2 minutes for incidental contact to the head.

However, the officials didn't. So now what? Keith returns the favour but with more malicious intent? Ya, that's great for the game of hockey. An Art Ross trophy winner gone with a possible concussion and a Norris trophy winner gone with a suspension (and also put on the repeat offenders if he steps out of line ever again). Stupid. Everyone loses in this situation and instead of gaining respect from his teammates by laying out Daniel with a solid check - he loses respect from everyone tonight.

lulz...

The usual "refs and Bettman are out to get us" garbage we hear from Canucks fans.

what a joke. The LEAGUE will address the incident.

If it were up to me, anyone responsible for an injury that resulted from an illegal hit should serve a suspension equal to the time the injured player is out. That includes Duncan Keith.

so daniel and henrik switched jerseys?

obviously the term measured response is not something curly boy is aware of.

Hit him hard to get back at him, dont cheapshot him. i mean daniel is not the fastest skater in the world and its not like he doesnt know how to take a check--RE eager cheapshot on daniel in the playoffs.

It was a guy with no history of dirty play making a mistake and letting his emotions take over. He did something stupid because of it, something dangerous that put a guy's career in jeopardy. Their trophies, both of them, have NOTHING to do with it, other than the fact they are both good players who obviously don't make a living off of playing dirty.

However, both of them obviously had something brewing tonight and the result is yet to be seen.

You keep commenting as if I'm defending any part of it. I just said that Daniel wasn't innocent in this either.

He buried his shoulder into Keith's head...that simple. Play it off anyway you want, the replay says you're wrong. Look, it doesn't excuse anything Keith did. I'm not defending it, but it's also hockey. It's a big boy's game and Sedin wanted to obviously get Keith's attention....and he did. Keith responded in a very reckless and dangerous way. But please...don't play off Daniel's hit like it was just another check. It wasn't.

To be fair, Daniel did raise his shoulder to make contact with Keith's head. However, I don't think Daniel's hit is suspendable unless they think its late. I would like to see a replay of that hit though.

Keith's hit should be looked at separately.

You do realize that every comment you've made is more along the lines of "trollish" than anything I've said here, don't you? You've made no attempt to address any comments. You simply resorted to insults...immediately. I'm real sorry if you're the resident internet queen of this forum, but a simple discussion is apparently too much to ask of you, so why don't you just ignore me if you don't want to speak to me?

Or is that too hard to resist?

It was a guy with no history of dirty play making a mistake and letting his emotions take over. He did something stupid because of it, something dangerous that put a guy's career in jeopardy. Their trophies, both of them, have NOTHING to do with it, other than the fact they are both good players who obviously don't make a living off of playing dirty.

However, both of them obviously had something brewing tonight and the result is yet to be seen.

You keep commenting as if I'm defending any part of it. I just said that Daniel wasn't innocent in this either.

MMkay?

Archived