The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

Hank went through all this and Daniel gets a possible concussion to boot? Damn, Keith really did throw a magic elbow. ;)

I digress. Allow me to also preface my initial statment on the matter that has caused offense.

I don't disagree with you. Answering violence with violence is an unacceptable practice in any theater, be it hockey, football, even your Mom's weekend bridge tournament. However, once such things do occur, as Duncan Keith did by retaliating on our team's top scorer, the officials job is to then swiftly set forth corrective measures, such as 5 minute major penalties along with game misconducts. With no forthcoming support from the league you speak of, justice still must be served, or every player on the Vancouver Canucks who occasionally scores goals is at further risk.

So, respectively, war was not declared by a Sedin, the Canucks, Bryan Adams, or even the township of Whistler, BC. Therefor, what violence might ensue as result of that retaliatory strike, in the absense of league support, lies squarely on the backs of Duncan Keith and the Chicago pockets from which that rickshaw officiating originated. Full stop.

Basically, if the NHL doesn't want retaliation for an incident like this they really need to get their officiating out of the gutters. We wouldn't be having this conversation if Keith was hauled off the ice and out of the rink, appropriately.

RARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

NICE TO SEE THE FIRE BACK IN THEIR GAME....

crapTY CHEAPSHOT !!

HOPE DANIEL HAS A SPEEDY RECOVERY....

GLAD TO SEE BOTH LU AND MAYRAY HAVE OUTSTANDING GAMES TONITE.... THAT'LL KEEP THE CDC HATERS AT BAY FOR NOW...

SEE YOU TOMORROW WHEN WE PLAY THOSE PESKY STARS!

PS.... IST TIMER HERE.... HOW DO YOU MAKE THOSE FACEPALM EMOTICONS.... DON'T SEE A SELECTION ON THE SIDE?!

RARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

crapTY CHEAPSHOT !!

GLAD TO SEE BOTH LU AND MAYRAY HAVE OUTSTANDING GAMES TONITE.... THAT'LL KEEP THE CDC HATERS AT BAY FOR NOW...

PS.... IST TIMER HERE.... HOW DO YOU MAKE THOSE FACEPALM EMOTICONS.... DON'T SEE A SELECTION ON THE SIDE?!

RARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

crapTY CHEAPSHOT !!

RARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

crapTY CHEAPSHOT !!

Okay, so Doan gets suspended 3 games for his hit on Benn.

On his hit, Benn had the puck, was skating by him, and Doan threw out his elbow without even lookng at him. Benn wasn't injured on the play.

On Keith's hit Daniel didn't have the puck, Keith was skating right at him and lifted his elbow right into Daniel's head. Daniel was injured on the play. Likely a retaliatory hit, and therefore pre-meditated.

Logically it should be more than 3 games, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3 or less.

Thats the type of cheap shot where u go after the guy the very next shift.

Bieksa saw the hit, he was on the ice and he didnt go after Keith.. instead he gets into a staring contest with Bickell..

If im Kassian and i see our top players get elbowed like that im would go apecrap on Keith no code, just beat the crap out of him.

Okay, so Doan gets suspended 3 games for his hit on Benn.

On his hit, Benn had the puck, was skating by him, and Doan threw out his elbow without even lookng at him. Benn wasn't injured on the play.

On Keith's hit Daniel didn't have the puck, Keith was skating right at him and lifted his elbow right into Daniel's head. Daniel was injured on the play. Likely a retaliatory hit, and therefore pre-meditated.

Logically it should be more than 3 games, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3 or less.

Also in another thread I was quite hard on Raymonds play of late, I'm happy to say I was very pleased with how he bounced back from being a healthy scratch, he looked awesome out there on most of his shifts, he was noticable multiple times and he was passing the puck around brilliantly and not just randomly firing it at the net from every possible angle as per his norm these days. Well done Raymond, and also it was great to see Lu have a strong game, we need our boys to slowly start finding their playoff modes, less than 10 games to go it's time to start getting into a groove or it'll be one short playoff run this year.

Archived