Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Keith Hit Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
458 replies to this topic

#451 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

I don't understand why the media/fans keep saying he's not a repeat offender - do you have to be given supplemental discipline in order to be classified as a repeat offender? Matt Cooke and Ruslan Salei would like to remind people Keith is not as classy as he puts himself out to be.

when they say repeat offender, they mean "suspended before"
Posted ImagePosted Image

#452 sorbbsorbobo

sorbbsorbobo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

It is suspendable of course. He was going for D.Sedin head, he didn't even look at the puck the whole time. He had no intention to play the puck, he was clearly trying to hit D.Sedin head. It was a dirty dirty hit. Shane Doan is suspended for 3 games, Duncan Keith should be penalize more than 3 games. I think 5 games is the call.

Edited by sorbbsorbobo, 23 March 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#453 Ron Swansons Moustache

Ron Swansons Moustache

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

I just hope Daniel is back for the playoffs id imagine he got concussed and they can be a very scary thing Backstrom stil hasnt played from that hit.

I think 6 to 8 games is right, 7 regular games and one playoff would definitely send the message. Everyone has brain farts but you still have to pay for them.
http://Posted Image

#454 NLluvitorleaveit

NLluvitorleaveit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Wow!!!! Its not as if Danny gave Keith,"The Mother Of All Elbows",ala Pavel :rolleyes: <_<

Posted Image

#455 *Buzzsaw*

*Buzzsaw*

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

It' very clear from Keith's hit on Matt Cooke (who if anyone deserves a cheapshot since he's the worst in the league) that Keith is a repeat offender.

He clearly doesn't like getting hit, he is a shifty defenceman, very difficult to hit, but when he is hit solidly, he completely loses it and retaliates with deliberate attempts to injure.

In Cooke's case, since the man has no brains, the hit had no effect, in the case of Daniel, we have something more serious.

The NHL has to crack down on this, it's totally unacceptable for a player who was hit with a clean check, (which Daniel's hit clearly was, just watch the video at the NHL Ref's) to then make threats against the player who hit him, and finally target the player when he was not a puck carrier and not anywhere near the puck with a hit which was directed solely at the head.

Keith's statements afterwards are just attempts to cover his A**, he has no integrity at all, and I hope the league see's through the bullsh*t and steps on him hard.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*, 23 March 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#456 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

I don't care what the league gives him, 10 games, 15 games, 5 games, I don't care. I just want Bieksa to run after him and pummel him to a piece of pulp
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#457 woot

woot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

I just got the text from TSN- five games.

The video explanation on NHL.com seems to suggest that Shanny bought the bull**** about Keith trying to "impede Sedin's progress. Disgusting.

http://video.nhl.com...id=60&id=167025

Edited by woot, 23 March 2012 - 04:02 PM.

Formerly FANHL GM of NYR

#458 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

More Moronic Nhl Crap
Rome gets 4 Games in Stanley Cup Final for a Legal .8 sec late hit and says its going Tough as a Explanation?

Keith gets 5 Meaningless games,and gets to rest for Playoffs? something the Hawks may have done anyways?

Yeah ,Conspiracy theories on the way the NHL treats the Canucks have NO merit whatsoever !

#459 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

More Moronic Nhl Crap
Rome gets 4 Games in Stanley Cup Final for a Legal .8 sec late hit and says its going Tough as a Explanation?

Keith gets 5 Meaningless games,and gets to rest for Playoffs? something the Hawks may have done anyways?

Yeah ,Conspiracy theories on the way the NHL treats the Canucks have NO merit whatsoever !

Ya, you're not paranoid they really ARE out to get you!!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.