Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Keith Hit Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
458 replies to this topic

#211 bhawks21

bhawks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

so daniel and henrik switched jerseys?

obviously the term measured response is not something curly boy is aware of.
Hit him hard to get back at him, dont cheapshot him. i mean daniel is not the fastest skater in the world and its not like he doesnt know how to take a check--RE eager cheapshot on daniel in the playoffs.

meh my bad. Just got around to watching first period over again. Got twins mixed up. Point is still valid whether it is one twin or the other. Keith in the wrong either way.

#212 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,617 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

insert michael jackson eating popcorn gif here

OXwjSoG.gif

#213 bhawks21

bhawks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

It was a guy with no history of dirty play making a mistake and letting his emotions take over. He did something stupid because of it, something dangerous that put a guy's career in jeopardy. Their trophies, both of them, have NOTHING to do with it, other than the fact they are both good players who obviously don't make a living off of playing dirty.

However, both of them obviously had something brewing tonight and the result is yet to be seen.

You keep commenting as if I'm defending any part of it. I just said that Daniel wasn't innocent in this either.

He does have a history. he hit Matt Cooke in the head 2 years ago in Pittsburgh. People making same arguments then. Learn your own teams history if you are going to troll this hard.

Edited by bhawks21, 21 March 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#214 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

He buried his shoulder into Keith's head...that simple. Play it off anyway you want, the replay says you're wrong. Look, it doesn't excuse anything Keith did. I'm not defending it, but it's also hockey. It's a big boy's game and Sedin wanted to obviously get Keith's attention....and he did. Keith responded in a very reckless and dangerous way. But please...don't play off Daniel's hit like it was just another check. It wasn't.

So why not fight him like a man instead of blindsiding him with an elbow?  Daniel went in for the hit and accedently caught Keith in the head whereas Keith's elbow was deliberate, and cowardly in response.

Edited by JohnLennon, 21 March 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#215 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

He does have a history. he hit Matt Cooke in the head 2 years ago in Pittsburgh. People making same arguments them. Learn your own teams history if you are going to troll this hard.

Exactly! Thank you! ::D

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#216 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

He does have a history. he hit Matt Cooke in the head 2 years ago in Pittsburgh. People making same arguments them. Learn your own teams history if you are going to troll this hard.

Ooooooh ::D

Edited by pimpcurtly, 21 March 2012 - 11:09 PM.

Posted Image

#217 bhawks21

bhawks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

To be fair, Daniel did raise his shoulder to make contact with Keith's head. However, I don't think Daniel's hit is suspendable unless they think its late. I would like to see a replay of that hit though.

Keith's hit should be looked at separately.

No I didn't see Daniel's hit as dirty at all. Finishing his check. Bigger guy then Keith to begin with. Penalty worthy? Sure by the letter of the rule book but intent was certainly not there. Looked like he was going after keith in the chest and Dunc was bent over. Keith obviously only saw it as a cheap shot.

#218 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

You do realize that every comment you've made is more along the lines of "trollish" than anything I've said here, don't you? You've made no attempt to address any comments. You simply resorted to insults...immediately. I'm real sorry if you're the resident internet queen of this forum, but a simple discussion is apparently too much to ask of you, so why don't you just ignore me if you don't want to speak to me?

Or is that too hard to resist?

I don't engage in 'simple' or intelligent discussion with trolls who register and go immediately to the GDT merely to troll that thread and this one.

All of you demanding that Keith getting suspended, I hope you expect the same for your boy Daniel...[attachment=8378:SedinelbowsKeith.jpg]

Deliberate contact with the head. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 21 March 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#219 Serendipity

Serendipity

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

It was a guy with no history of dirty play making a mistake and letting his emotions take over. He did something stupid because of it, something dangerous that put a guy's career in jeopardy. Their trophies, both of them, have NOTHING to do with it, other than the fact they are both good players who obviously don't make a living off of playing dirty.

However, both of them obviously had something brewing tonight and the result is yet to be seen.

You keep commenting as if I'm defending any part of it. I just said that Daniel wasn't innocent in this either.

Actually, trophy's have everything to do with it. Daniel and Keith are both great players in the NHL. What does Keith's hit accomplish in advancing the game? Absolutely nothing. Now 2 superstars will be out for however long and the league and on ice product will suffer because of an extremely stupid decision.

Okay, so you believe Keith deserves a suspension? Good, then we're on the same page. I'm not arguing with you because I think you're defending Keith's actions (we've just established that's not the case) - I'm arguing with the fact that you think what Keith did was all Daniel's fault.

Like I stated (and for whatever reason you keep ignoring) - Daniel isn't innocent. I've said numerous times that if NHL officials knew how to call games, then Daniel would have received 2 minutes. But you're acting as if what Daniel did was equally as bad as what Keith did. That is just not true.

#220 j.schroeder91

j.schroeder91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Sorry, but I had to deal with you guys on "my board" all night long....and nothing I've said constitutes trolling. I said I agree with someone and I said that Keith was wrong....somehow that makes me a troll.

Some of you need to grow up....especially those who take their screen names after guys who committed the most atrocious act in
Tell ya what...you want a troll remark. Those of you who want blood and revenge on Keith, the same ones who are complaining about how dirty the hit was...lol...why don't you send Burrows after him to bite his finger and pull his hair?

MMkay?

FYI, Daniel's hit on Keith is a hit made every night, every game in the NHL as a 'finishing the check/taking the body' play and is not a dirty play by any means. Yes he does clip the head incidentally, does he deserve a penalty? Possibly. Was Keith admiring his pass out of the zone? Yes. Anyone who has seen hockey long enough knows that admiring a pass certainly gets you caught in a vulnerable position. Prime example tonight, Keith got clipped when he was bent over admiring a pass. It wasn't a big enough clip to warrant a penalty on the play, but it obviously was enough for Keith to retaliate.

Suggesting that Daniel's hit was dirty constitutes that a peanlty/suspension should occur every night from every game when a player finishes the check on a defenseman for playing the puck and watching the play unfold.

Daniel does not leave his feet, does not take any strides towards Keithe, and tucks his elbow in when making contact. Keith on the other hand clearly leaves his feet, goes out of his way to extend his elbow and make contact to head. Sedin's hit is clearly incidental, Keith looks more pre-meditated than anything.
RIP Luc Bourdon

#221 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

Keith wasn't suspended for that hit. I know my history. Try learning yours.

I don't believe the user you quoted said anything about 'fined' or 'suspended' history.......it's history as your boy Keith has done this sort of thing before.

his·to·ry/ˈhist(ə)rē/
Noun:
  • The study of past events, particularly in human affairs.
  • The past considered as a whole.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 21 March 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#222 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

Considering Doan got 3 games and he is a repeat offender, Keith will probably get 1-2 (don't think he's been fined/suspended before?).
Posted Image

#223 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

LMAO! :lol: B)

Edited by hockeyville88, 21 March 2012 - 11:18 PM.
Quoted post removed

#224 bhawks21

bhawks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

Keith wasn't suspended for that hit. I know my history. Try learning yours.

lol a suspendable history and a history of losing your cool and retaliating with hits to the head are the same thing. He got off then because he had no history of that kind of play. Now he has 2 incidents and this one is equally as suspendable. You are the reason I stay away from our boards. Seriously stop trolling and go away.

#225 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

Wow...one hit three years ago that resulted in no disciplinary action...wow...what a goon.

Quit embarrassing yourself.

Perhaps you should take your own advice?

Even a fellow Hawks fan can't abide your trolling :lol:

lol a suspendable history and a history of losing your cool and retaliating with hits to the head are the same thing. He got off then because he had no history of that kind of play. Now he has 2 incidents and this one is equally as suspendable. You are the reason I stay away from our boards. Seriously stop trolling and go away.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 21 March 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#226 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Sorry, but I had to deal with you guys on "my board" all night long....and nothing I've said constitutes trolling. I said I agree with someone and I said that Keith was wrong....somehow that makes me a troll.

Some of you need to grow up....especially those who take their screen names after guys who committed the most atrocious act in
Tell ya what...you want a troll remark. Those of you who want blood and revenge on Keith, the same ones who are complaining about how dirty the hit was...lol...why don't you send Burrows after him to bite his finger and pull his hair?

MMkay?

You and me ... you pull my hair, and I'll elbow you in the face til one of us wilts .. guess who wins? .. :picard: ..go away, ya tool

Edited by Tearloch7, 21 March 2012 - 11:19 PM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#227 j.schroeder91

j.schroeder91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

Wow...one hit three years ago that resulted in no disciplinary action...wow...what a goon.

Quit embarrassing yourself.

Cooke never got suspended for the hit on Savard that brought this whole headshot debacle into the spotlight, but he did receive his due share when he made the same mistake again.

Should probably take your own advice on this one and stop responding to trolls.
RIP Luc Bourdon

#228 JRSJ

JRSJ

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

What a loss that you don't visit our boards and hang out spouting a bunch of B.S. on others.

Posted Image

#229 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

oh leave him alone. Trolls feed on replies.

I think the hit was pretty bad. didn't watch the whole game. Didn't see Daniel's hit.
can't comment more.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#230 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

He does have a history. he hit Matt Cooke in the head 2 years ago in Pittsburgh. People making same arguments then. Learn your own teams history if you are going to troll this hard.

personally, I don't have any issue with Cooke getting hit with a cheap shot. But the event you speak of was after a borderline hit by Cooke on Keith...

Not that I wish Cooke to be injured for the rest of his career... but having to deal with "mild" headaches till he's 40 wouldn't keep me up at night either (only because of how many players around the league he's injured and taken cheap shots at.)

#231 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,617 posts

What a loss that you don't visit our boards and hang out spouting a bunch of B.S. on others.

2 incidents over an entire career and you consider that a "history of losing your cool".

you're a moron.

Considering the league is supposed to have zero tolerance for it i would call 2 incidents in the last 4 years losing your cool

OXwjSoG.gif

#232 binderdonedat

binderdonedat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

This is where CDC loses other fans around the leagues support. I have to preface this comment by saying what Dunc pulled was COMPLETELY out of line and as dirty as you can get and he should be hit hard with the rulebook and Shanahan would be completely justified in doing so as it was a clear case of retribution. I'd support a longer suspension because this reaction was unacceptable. But this type of response and attitude, while clearly being fueled by the fresh emotion of tonights game, makes you no better then what Keith pulled on Henrik.

With that being said though, you can not ignore the whole reason this whole thing started. I have read constantly all night on here about how Henrik hit Keith in the chest and that is completely and utterly false. The intent WAS to hit him in the chest. I don't think you will find to many people arguing against you there but intent and reality are two completely different animals. Henrik hit Dunc in the head with his shoulder. Dunc was leaned over and Hank is bigger then Dunc to begin with so while it was a bad hit that should have been a penalty I didn't think it was dirty or deserved anything more then some words after the whistle. Dunc obviously didn't see it that way and responded in the worst possible way and he embarrassed himself and the franchise in doing so. Pretty clear suspendable incident but you can't ignore what Hank did to instigate the incident.

Hank went through all this and Daniel gets a possible concussion to boot? Damn, Keith really did throw a magic elbow. ;)

I digress. Allow me to also preface my initial statment on the matter that has caused offense.

I don't disagree with you. Answering violence with violence is an unacceptable practice in any theater, be it hockey, football, even your Mom's weekend bridge tournament. However, once such things do occur, as Duncan Keith did by retaliating on our team's top scorer, the officials job is to then swiftly set forth corrective measures, such as 5 minute major penalties along with game misconducts. With no forthcoming support from the league you speak of, justice still must be served, or every player on the Vancouver Canucks who occasionally scores goals is at further risk.

So, respectively, war was not declared by a Sedin, the Canucks, Bryan Adams, or even the township of Whistler, BC. Therefor, what violence might ensue as result of that retaliatory strike, in the absense of league support, lies squarely on the backs of Duncan Keith and the Chicago pockets from which that rickshaw officiating originated. Full stop.

Basically, if the NHL doesn't want retaliation for an incident like this they really need to get their officiating out of the gutters. We wouldn't be having this conversation if Keith was hauled off the ice and out of the rink, appropriately.

#233 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

no matter how you slice or dice it that was a dirty freaking hit and SHOULD be a suspension.

The sad thing is though, Keith will be gone for far less games than Daniel barring a miracle. So basically, a former art ross winner got KTFO by an elbow, and people are creating reasons for it? Elbows that brutal are pretty rare, and it's pretty clear it was an intent to injure.

Say what you will about the old NHL/instigator rule, but that crap would not have flown back then

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#234 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,617 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Have fun kids.

Make sure you don't burn down the city this year when Bettman and the refs oust you from the playoffs.

Ok but only if you rememeber to send us some tommy guns, deepdish pizza and bootlegg booze.

OXwjSoG.gif

#235 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

LMAO! :lol: B)

Well it seems the Editorial board has made a hasty decision .. :towel: .. a sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#236 JASON_96

JASON_96

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

I'd give Duncan Keith 5 games and Alex Burrows 2 games for his knee on Keith's groin when he was on top of him.

#237 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,617 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

Hank went through all this and Daniel gets a possible concussion to boot? Damn, Keith really did throw a magic elbow. ;)

I digress. Allow me to also preface my initial statment on the matter that has caused offense.

I don't disagree with you. Answering violence with violence is an unacceptable practice in any theater, be it hockey, football, even your Mom's weekend bridge tournament. However, once such things do occur, as Duncan Keith did by retaliating on our team's top scorer, the officials job is to then swiftly set forth corrective measures, such as 5 minute major penalties along with game misconducts. With no forthcoming support from the league you speak of, justice still must be served, or every player on the Vancouver Canucks who occasionally scores goals is at further risk.

So, respectively, war was not declared by a Sedin, the Canucks, Bryan Adams, or even the township of Whistler, BC. Therefor, what violence might ensue as result of that retaliatory strike, in the absense of league support, lies squarely on the backs of Duncan Keith and the Chicago pockets from which that rickshaw officiating originated. Full stop.

Basically, if the NHL doesn't want retaliation for an incident like this they really need to get their officiating out of the gutters. We wouldn't be having this conversation if Keith was hauled off the ice and out of the rink, appropriately.

You need to post more, your thoughts are very well written!!!!

OXwjSoG.gif

#238 j.schroeder91

j.schroeder91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

Have fun kids.

Make sure you don't burn down the city this year when Bettman and the refs oust you from the playoffs.

The troll in him finally gives up.
Responds to all troll comments, yet when confronted with an actual rebuttal you don't have any response.
RIP Luc Bourdon

#239 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Well it seems the Editorial board has made a hasty decision .. :towel: .. a sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste ..

Too bad, I thought your post was apropos to the situation at hand! ;)

#240 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

Have fun kids.

lol at you coming to another teams board and replying to everyone's comment you tool. Hopefully next time when the blackhawks start sucking again the bandwagoners in chicago don't let the team and organization go down the toilet like it once did.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.