The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Injury Thread

jonnycanuck46

+ ..... we still have a few games left before the playoffs, some time for danny to heal

- ......its daniel sedin, not exactly easy to replace our TOP goal scorer

+ ......fires up the team, gives them something to fight for. bruins went crazy after hit on horton... all we got tonight is fuelled up.

- ......its.... daniel sedin

+ ......danny's got the heart of a canuck?

- ....... ah sh**

Hope Danny gets well soon. This is a horrible time for him to get injured but I hope he heals well. We need him in the playoffs especially it's 2-3 weeks away.

I hope Keith gets 3-4 games. I know it was Danny's fault for starting it (bad check). However, between the two hits, Keith was definitely at wrong here. Keith retaliated and targeted Danny's head whereas Danny's hit wasn't intent to injure. I hope he gets suspended. His apology is bull crap.

I hope the next time we see them in the playoffs, I hope Canucks destroy them. Sad thing is, before this hit, I like the Hawks but now I dislike them. I have lost my respect and now, I hope Canucks eliminate them in the playoffs. frack you Keith and Hawks.

Gawd, I was hoping that Dank was faking injury to get a suspension for Keith. Then, when they announced that he was really injured, it sank in. I much rather it be a fractured jaw then concussion. I can't bear the thought of going into post season without Dank.

Keith on D. Sedin: "At the last second he moves forward and I don’t know where the puck is. It’s fast. Like I said, I hope he’s OK." Retweeted by Farhan Lalji Keith on D. Sedin: "I’m not trying to hurt anybody. I hope he’s OK. He’s one of their best players; he needs to be on the ice." #Blackhawks Retweeted by Farhan Lalji Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph #canucks Henrik Sedin says D. Keith said something to the effect of "I'm going to get you" to Daniel after Daniel's 1st period hit on Keith Just some tweets I thought I'd share. I'm interested in the last one by Dan Murphy. If Keith really did say that, then wouldn't that be more of a case towards it being intent to injure?

such a shameful hit by keith he's one of few hawks i respected and liked that elbow was intentional and should have been 5 and a game misconduct. these are the hit's that the NHL are trying to get rid off i hope he get's 5games.does anyone know what keith said to kassian after the misconduct penalty something like "ya you have done so much after coming here" i really want chicago in the play-off's again conference final's

I've had a broken jaw before as well, from playing hockey. Mind you that was a long time ago, but lemme just say this; if Daniel came back for the power play with a bonafied fractured jaw, the guy deserves the frikin 'Bad A$$ Dude Of The Decade' award. I fell out when mine happened, literally passed out for a few seconds on the ice.

Man, the more I watch that video and hear about how injured our top producing forward 'might' be - :mad: - let's just say I can understand the internet cowboys posting about gunning for Keith. Hell, I am out of shape. I'll admit it. Haven't played a solid hockey game in almost 12 years, and since then I've grown quite fond of Cheeze Wiz and Budweiser. But I'll tell you this much and I'm as serious as a heart attack: If Gillis called me up right now, I'd suit up and hide a spiked baseball bat in my pads, or maybe a scud frikin missile. That knucklehead Keith HAS to answer for that elbow no matter the league's bull$h!t consequences, especially if Daniel is out of our playoffs. BTW, if Danny Boy is seriously concussed there's a real good chance he's just been disappeared from at least the first playoff round, maybe more.

Also, that compensatory horse$h!t Duncan tried to pass off as legitimite is nothing but complete damage control and flat out crap. Absolutely no explaining that hit away. 0. Watch that clip again a few times. It was SO premeditated, away from the puck, and if you look closely you can tell he not only aimed his elbow but actually lunged at him slightly during the hit, adjusting for maximum impact. Guy like that shouldn't be playing. Crap like that had the potential of ending Daniel Sedin's hockey career, costing our team millions, and potentially a cup run. I'll go out on a limb right now and say that if anything really prolonged and nasty happens to Daniel because of that elbow, Duncan Keith needs to give up hockey and very quickly enter witness protection.

Keith has GOT to get GOT people, I'm sorry but that's just the way this is playing out. As for Shanahan's decision, anything under a 5 game suspension and this league is frikin rigged. Hell, anything under 10 and I'm still gonna b!tch about it for months. That elbow, along with the reffing that followed, it was wrong on many, many levels.

Wtf where was this big bad Kassian, where were any of the boys, no fight? I'm pissed off if Ryp were still alive Keith would have been a pool of blood. Y'all still think we don't need to add toughness? If I was playing they woulda packed him out on a stretcher, and I would've smiled to the crowd on the way to the shower.

I agree it's probably a broken jaw or broken cheekbone but the fact of the matter is Daniel and Henrik for that matter don't wear mouthguards and if anyone here has played football or hockey, it's very likely that a broken jaw to a player without a mouthgaurd would also lead to a concussion.

Sadly,Gillis.org has not protected the Twins despite having years to do so.

There has to be a top four d man or a Sedin linemate that can deal with violence in the appropriate manner ,which is deterrence.

Kevin B is not doing it.

I'd go with :

Kassian-Sedin-Raymond (Not the ideal 1st line, but Skills, Size and Speed, plus give Hank a rest play them 16-18 minutes)

Booth-Kesler-Higgins (Our real 1st line with Danny gone)

Burrows-Pahlsson-Hansen (Grit, defense, touch of scoring too)

Bitz/Weise-Lapierre-Malhotra/Bitz

There has to be a top four d man or a Sedin linemate that can deal with violence in the appropriate manner ,which is deterrence.

Kevin B is not doing it.

Kevin B is not doing it.

Archived