The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Injury Thread

jonnycanuck46

I wonder, if his jaw took most of the force, would that mean his brain would be better protected against the impact? I really hope its not a concussion. I also wonder how Keith could go home and look at his wife and kids after doing something like that to another family man.

Bruins won the cup without Savard. Great teams find ways to win when their star power is out. We have so many other players that are capable of playing above what they are playing now. This should light a fire under everybody's behind to start working harder.

Raymond looked a lot better last night!!

Okay, the guy who says that Daniel has a concussion is Bruins fan. Look at the background on his twitter...

He's obviously just trying to stir things up. He can't even use proper grammer either. He's says "Daniel Sedin have a concussion". Sounds like a caveman. :lol:

The team hasn't even fully evaluated him yet, therefore wait until they release something.

For all of you who are diagnosing how long Sedin will be out due to a concussion: there is no way to predict it. He obviously wasn't immediately affected so bad that he was immediately unable to keep his own balance etc. So there's no way to say that it is bad enough to give him an "at least two weeks label." Here's an example, The rule in NCAA div. 2 football is that a player with a concussion must sit out at least 1 week with no contact even in practice following medical clearance. So obviously there are concussions that can "settle" within a short period. Although there are other instances where people seem to barely get hit in the head and suffer for months and months or even years. So lets all stop trying to predict how long he will be out. As others have said on this thread, he could be out a very short period or gone for the rest of the season/postseason. Let's hope it is the former rather than latter.

Awhh man. Thinking of Danny, hope he's ok.

Rome gets longest suspension in playoff history for a 'late' hit, Keith gets less than 5 games for a 'targeted/premeditated head hit'. NHL joke justice at its finest.

In light of losing Canucks leading scorer, it's clear Kesler needs to wake up/setup up.

The seasons almost over, and he has almost as many 'points' this year as he did 'goals' last yr.

1 game winning goal all season, NO multi-point games since December (not even sure how that's possible). Last few years, if he wanted the puck he would hound the puck carrier and take it from him. This year, he trails the puck carrier up the ice, and stick taps the ice hoping a for a 'miraculous' pass back. Did I mention he makes only $1.1M less than Daniel. Kesler needs to wake up.

Get well soon Danny.

Aaron Rome didn't seem upset or mad about the hit in his interview.

He went on to say that "The game's quick and things like that happen."

I know Rome got into trouble last year, but you have to stand up for your teammates and say yeah that was a bad hit.

Two weeks sounds about right. If he's healing ahead do schedule you throw him into the last game or two of the regular season, if not, just save him up for game 1. I'd even pull Henrik for a few games at the end there if we're stuck in 2nd place.

I never said they deserved it, no one does. However since they refuse to stand up for themselves, they don't have respect around the league and that opens them up for dirty plays like we saw last night. Also, superstars will always be played hard but like I stated in my previous posts, I find Sedins are subjected to dirty hits like these more than most superstars in the league because they do not stand up for themselves and don't have the respect like other superstars around the league.

Another great example of sarcasm. You are on a roll. Keep em coming. Naw, I won't let you off that easy, let's see, by extension of your 'logic' you are saying that because the Sedins don't fight then the NHL, the players, the refs, have declared open season on Sedins?

Ref: "I allowed that elbow to the head because the Sedins don't stand up for themselves. If ever they start a fight then I shall stop allowing elbows to the head." MAKES SENSE...TOTALLY DUDE

NHL Player: "Thanks ref. We hate these guys too. Their skill, determination, and clean style of hockey gives a bad name to the NHL. Now watch me hit that ginga from behind."

Archived