The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Injury Thread

jonnycanuck46

I'll say what I said in the "Keith Hit" thread:

I've recently been researching concussions (also called mTBIs, or mild Traumatic Brain Injuries) and from what I've seen, that elbow is almost guaranteed to give Daniel a concussion.

From the clip, it appeared he was hit squarely in the chin, and spun around from the force of the blow.

Based on the fact that a rotational force to the head, especially to the jaw area, is a leading cause of mTBIs (helmets offer no protection against rotational trauma), I would expect Daniel to be out 2-4 games at minimum.

On the bright side, he was able to skate to the bench, so there's no immediate evidence that it's especially severe.

Where's the MINUS when you need it :picard:

As if it does matter much since we already have the second place in the West and probably won't be catching the Blues.

Ans do we really want the Prez trophy ... I don;t think so.

Kassian doesn't deserve it :picard:

Let's stay healthy (hope Danny is ok) and get ready for the playoffs in a few weeks from now.

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud :emot-parrot::emot-parrot::emot-parrot:

I hate to even suggest it but perhaps he has a concussion? You all must remember how Towes is listed out with an upper (or was it lower) body injury but we all know he has a concussion. I really hope I am wrong about Daniel but ..........well just the way the canucks reacted in the 2nd makes me think that D.Sedin was hurt badly...

Regarding Keith they should throw the book at him!

put Danny on the LTIR and get Ballard back in

Keith will get 4 games.

Bourque got 5 games when he hit Backstrom. It wasn't as bad, but Borque was a repeat offender.

As for the game.

Lu looked good

2nd period was a bust because of all the penalties. Best way to make a team pay is by scoring. However, I did like the Canucks response to going after Keith and making sure he knows that that s**t won't stand. Keith is a chicken s**t for not fighting.

Mason had a good bounce back game and looks like he knows what he has to do to be successful.

Bieksa needs work...he just needs to get out of this funk.

Canucks did not do near enough to extract revenge. Proper procedure is to throw the puck in his corner for the rest of the game and run hell out of him. That way, they lose Keith and we lose Weisse - seems fair to me. The next time Keith won't even think about running Danny - he'll just have visions of slashes, cross-checks, hits from behind and attempted lobotomies.

Oh well, better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Archived