The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Panic And Venting Thread.

RAMBUTANS

Even though I'm disappointed that we lost tonight's game and there was a lot of hype over a win being critical, I haven't hit the panic button yet. I'm prone to anxiety attacks watching them play, particularly during the past month, but they came out harder today...no real need to go all out yet, even against their biggest rivals. They're saving it for the playoffs and today was a 'warm up' for that- some extra effort, but not too much. I might panic if they start floundering in the first round of the playoffs, but for now, I'll still have faith in them that they'll come bursting out of the gates come playoff time.

The only thing I'm panicking about is Daniel's health. I hope he's alright.

Other than that. Well, I hope AV comes to his senses and returns the D pairings back to normal. I can't handle anymore Bieksa and Edler. Hamhuis is steady enough that Bieksa can make his pinches and play his aggresive style. Without Hammer, Juice is being exposed (homage to Toews ;)). Also, I'll be happy when Ballard gets back. For the hate he recieves on this board, the defense will definitely look better with him back.

As for the forwards. Meh, everyone's just slumping. I expect them to pick it up - and flashes of that were shown in tonight's game until crap hit the fan with Keith's hit. Also, I choose to keep in mind that once the playoffs start, Bitz and Reinprecht are available to slot into the lineup if need be.

And Luongo and Schneider? Nothing needs to be said of them. They're both amazing. If one plays poorly, then start the other. We have no bad goalie. 1A and 1B in my eyes.

Optimism. It makes life seem less depressing ;)

Even though I'm disappointed that we lost tonight's game and there was a lot of hype over a win being critical, I haven't hit the panic button yet. I'm prone to anxiety attacks watching them play, particularly during the past month, but they came out harder today...no real need to go all out yet, even against their biggest rivals. They're saving it for the playoffs and today was a 'warm up' for that- some extra effort, but not too much. I might panic if they start floundering in the first round of the playoffs, but for now, I'll still have faith in them that they'll come bursting out of the gates come playoff time.

Archived