The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Tough, Take No %&^ Henrik Sedin

Merci

Crosby's an exception and we all know it. The Sedins are an exception and we all know that too.

However, Crosby gets the calls - and what is he supposed to do? Decline them? You take what's given to you. I don't understand why you're mad at Crosby. Be mad at the joke referees or at the league for over-hyping Pittsburgh all the time. No need to take your frustration out on Crosby.

Also, can we please stop using the word "phag"? This is the second time I've seen it tonight. I thought with this whole campaign of You Can Play and with the Canucks being on board - people would stop with homophobic insults.

Wow well said, couldn't agree more. I hope Daniel is okay and comes back just as pissed as his brother was tonight. It seems like dirty hits really get the victimized team's blood flowing. Think Torres on Seabrook, Chicago wins the next 3. Think Rome on Horton, Boston wins 4 of 5. Keith's hit tonight was dirty and it looked like it created a spark, like you said.

Tonight Something happened to Henrik Sedin. In the midst of a controversy surrounding him and his brother unlike ever before. Keith did something that may be the switch that changes this team permanently. A cheap, dirty, premeditated hit. To a person you have played with your entire career. He knows what Bolland called him. He knows what the league think of them after the SCF loss. He knows exactly what happened and why it happened. The rest of the game I didn't see Henrik knocked off the puck once, he made every pass, and out muscled anyone when they attempted to take the puck. I think a cool calm and collected player has a point where they truly understand what intimidation is, what disrespect does, and how a respect for the game needs to be taken a back seat at some point.

And an angry, passionate, desire to win every battle, and go to the next gear kicks in.

Archived