The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Started It !

Niners70

He's probably lucky he didn't get kicked out.

When the linesman came over to the bench and told he was gone for 10 you could tell he was ripping into the guy.

So much so Kesler (of all freaking people) was basically apologizing to the linesman.

Proabably very close to getting ejected.

That's not a reputation you want to start with the linesman and refs.

Very good push back? ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME?????? WE LOST THE DAMN GAME!!! WE DIDN'T EVEN SCORE A FRIGGIN GOAL AFTER THE HIT!!! and you guys come out on the forums and say "very good push back" the only reason we got a point in that game was because of Luongo... you guys should be saying "very good performance Mr. Luongo!"

I wonder what Don CHerry will have to say about his good Canadian boy blatantly cheap-shotting an Art Ross winner and then refusing to answer the call repeatedly.

Keith made like a "turtle Russian" last night. DIsgusting and embarrassing if I were a Hawks fan.

It was a game that the Canucks showed emotion and polarized as a team for the 1st time in months. They had no composure for most the game but still dominated most the 3rd period. I think Chicago should be very afraid next time they play the Canucks. For me that one point we lost in overtime doesn't mean much, Chicago woke the sleeping bear.

Very good push back? ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME?????? WE LOST THE DAMN GAME!!! WE DIDN'T EVEN SCORE A FRIGGIN GOAL AFTER THE HIT!!! and you guys come out on the forums and say "very good push back" the only reason we got a point in that game was because of Luongo... you guys should be saying "very good performance Mr. Luongo!"

Seabrook was too much of a wuss to fight Kassian. I mean, he lost a fight to Hamhuis a couple of years ago, started crying after Torres hit him and we won the series, only had one significant win in a fight, which was against Alberts (not even a great fighter) and all he was doing was pushing Alberts against the boards.

I'm not saying that winning fights is everything in the game, but Hawks fans keep going around saying Seabrook is one of the toughest and meanest in the league, which just isn't true.

I know people have been doubting the trade, but in my mind Kassian proved tonight why we got him. He has a very mean streak. When he crashed the net and got after Seabrook the team finally rallied and fought back against the dirt teams throw at us. He was the catalyst tonight. Seabrook was constantly looking over his shoulder as Kassian was in his face all night. He brought that toughness and mean that we lacked and the team finally had someone to start it all. Because he showed the testucular fortitude first our team finally let it all out. There was not one Sh%tHawk that would drop the gloves after that hit so we took it to them after every whistle in there end.

I for one was pleased with the 5 penalties in the second period and wished they took five more for their cheap shot antics. They " responded" tonight and Kassion started it !

And to think this kid is only 20 years old. I for one am over the moon with this kid and cannot wait to watch his toothless smile and his fearless personality develop. Tonight was a good example of what will come!

Say what you want but this was a mean nothing game in the standings. Sure it would have been nice to get the 2 points and get our game in order but when your best player gets elbowed in the head by a blatant headshot, all game plans have to go out the door:

1. Someone should have jumped Keith right there and then regardless of if he wanted to fight or not. If not then, but on the next shift and so on. So I don't agree with the people that say that no one wanted to fight from the hawks. You dont give them the option to fight or not.

2. And I've been saying this for years, when teams go after you star players, what better response then going after the Kane's, sharps's. Give them similar treatment. That doesn't mean elbow them in the end, but make life very uncomfortable. Kind of like how bolland treats the Sedins after every whistle.

Folks, that is the response needed, not a powerplay or the 2 points. You want to earn respect among your peers, then you don't turn the other cheek. Too many fans are impressed by the Canucks pushback yesterday, I for one am not.

This. You all think this was a good "push back"? Seriously? We didn't get to fight anyone. All we did was take a buttload of penalties and make Luongo play his ass off to get us a single point. Absolutely nothing was accomplished; the Hawks took out our best scorer AND then won the game. Does that really satisfy you??

Everyone who is saying we lost the game and our top goal scorer. That was besides the point....the point that what we saw was a huge a step in the right direction for this team. The Canucks finally seemed engaged in the game and cared and wanted to play for one another this year. Last year, it was turn the other cheek and let the dirt beat kicked. This year, they're not taking that no more. This is the exact same team we had and they're tired of the dives.

When was the last time you heard Henrik so angry? When was the last time you saw the HAWKS and BOLLAND out of all people to chicken crap to do anything to Hank outside of a scrum?

When Keith said "You've been a great addition to this team so far" he pretty much knew he should have ate his words. We came out with a good 3rd period. You all expect so much out of this team for them to go 82-0 be blessed that we had a game like that last night. It just proved that we're not going to take crap no more from no one Captain included. I'm proud of the bunch. It was a meaningless game for the most part with 2nd place all but locked up.

Don't be big babies and say you want first because this is a good step in the right direction. It'll carry over to tonight's game. Watch.

The only thing I didn't like was the players "trying to get back at" Keith.

Dude just wiped out your top scorer with the most blatent headshot of the year. At that point, you don't wait for consensus - you drop your gloves and wail on that POS, penalties be damned.

Facewashes =/= making a statement.

Archived