The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Started It !

Niners70

+1. Hell yes. Can you imagine when this kid turns into a beast of a man? He already makes his presence out on the ice felt, he definitely adds a new dimension to the team. Great game by Kassian.

I think more people would be crazy about having this kind of prospect in our system if they weren't all so in love with Cody Hodgson, a lot of people have yet to realize the value of Kassian.

Disagree. Jumping Keith would only have resulted in Bieksa, Weise or Kassian getting suspended and remind the hockey world of Bertuzzi-Moore incident.

The Canucks did everything they could to try and give DK his medicine and believe me, the world saw him decline every invitation. So far we've seen Keith willing to fight Burrows and Henrik.

The United Center should be re-named the KFC center with all those chickens running around...

Yup, once Kassian gets a little more comfortable...look out!

I could care less about the two points. I wanted Keith to pay. It was a great pushback by the boys.

If Keith was a man, he'd have fought Bieksa. What a chicken-poop piece of garbage.

O'Halloran completely mismanaged this game. The NHL is becoming quite the joke. They need to get their rules and reffing in order. It's getting tiresome.

How many of the game's top players are out injured by cheapshot punks? Does fighting sell...hell yes? Look at the NYR vs NJ the other day. Just get it over with and ditch the instigator rule. If the league and the refs aren't going to do their jobs at least let the players.

F off NHL. Just sick of it!

This. You all think this was a good "push back"? Seriously? We didn't get to fight anyone. All we did was take a buttload of penalties and make Luongo play his ass off to get us a single point. Absolutely nothing was accomplished; the Hawks took out our best scorer AND then won the game. Does that really satisfy you??

Say what you want but this was a mean nothing game in the standings. Sure it would have been nice to get the 2 points and get our game in order but when your best player gets elbowed in the head by a blatant headshot, all game plans have to go out the door:

1. Someone should have jumped Keith right there and then regardless of if he wanted to fight or not. If not then, but on the next shift and so on. So I don't agree with the people that say that no one wanted to fight from the hawks. You dont give them the option to fight or not.

2. And I've been saying this for years, when teams go after you star players, what better response then going after the Kane's, sharps's. Give them similar treatment. That doesn't mean elbow them in the end, but make life very uncomfortable. Kind of like how bolland treats the Sedins after every whistle.

Folks, that is the response needed, not a powerplay or the 2 points. You want to earn respect among your peers, then you don't turn the other cheek. Too many fans are impressed by the Canucks pushback yesterday, I for one am not.

People...... the problem with the Bertuzzi incident was it was a very large man crushing a small man from behind, and then riding the smaller man like a sled consequently ENDING his hockey career.

There have been plenty of legitimate fights in Canucks history (and in the NHL history) where one combatant isn't completely willing but once it starts they defend themselves.

HELL I've EVEN SEEN IT several times this season where one guy drops the gloves, feeds a guy a couple of shots and the other guy doesn't drop the gloves and it's a 2 minute minor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People...... the problem with the Bertuzzi incident was it was a very large man crushing a small man from behind, and then riding the smaller man like a sled consequently ENDING his hockey career.

There have been plenty of legitimate fights in Canucks history (and in the NHL history) where one combatant isn't completely willing but once it starts they defend themselves.

HELL I've EVEN SEEN IT several times this season where one guy drops the gloves, feeds a guy a couple of shots and the other guy doesn't drop the gloves and it's a 2 minute minor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not necessarily, one of the big issues with the NHL is that it isn't so much the actions as the outcome that seem to dictate a lot of the penalties.

So if Keith is getting fed shots and turtles, and pops back up it's probably a single meaningless game misconduct, maybe just a 10 minute. If he turtles, and something random happens and he gets seriously hurt there would be hell to pay.

I agree with what your saying to a point though, the big issue is the initial hit has no place in hockey. After someone does something like that what can you really do but sink to their level? Problem is rats like that seem to be flourishing in the NHL. I can guarantee if someone would have did that to Greztky, McSorley (or just any duo in that era) would have hunted them down and basically decapitated them so players were afraid to do so. The players policed themselves FAR better then the NHL ever will/has.

It reminds of the playoffs against Chicago a couple years ago. They were being dirty, chippy wankers like they always have been, running around wiping people out behind the play and acting tough.

Hordichuk and Rypien challenged every one of those "tough guy" pukes to a fight with no takers. Eager was there, Bolland, Burrish etc.

Somehow these players are considered tough even though they are the one's who won't back up their cheap antics with a good old fight. Just like Keith last night. I've lost so much respect for certain players and teams around the league.

I've also lost respect for the NHL... big time.

How can it be more acceptable to allow punks to run around cheap shotting the game's biggest stars than for things to be settled with a good old fashioned dust up?

How the hell did the league even get to this place? Disgraceful.

I for one am glad it didn't turn into a ufc match out there we played them physical all game. They had their heads on a swivel all night there were plenty of hawks turttling on plays they would have normally made due to fear of being steamrolled. Much more exciting to watch for me as a fan than when Bert broke Moore's neck for a hit he layed on Naz. This coulda been another one of those games instead it was a great game to watch and no Canuck players need to apologize for their actions.

Archived