Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kassian Started It !

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#61 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

kinda missed that guy who scored clutch goals....

Yeah could of used BURROWS in the second ;););););)
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#62 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

Kassian showed some good touches and a thirst for the fight last night. Looks like he is settling in for the playoffs.

One thing though. KB3 needs to give him some "stink eye" coaching, he looks a bit of a choirboy with a missing tooth........It makes me want to smile when I see him bracing an opponent with that slightly "vacant" look. :)
Kevin.jpg

#63 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Kassian showed some good touches and a thirst for the fight last night. Looks like he is settling in for the playoffs.

One thing though. KB3 needs to give him some "stink eye" coaching, he looks a bit of a choirboy with a missing tooth........It makes me want to smile when I see him bracing an opponent with that slightly "vacant" look. :)
Kevin.jpg

#64 2CANSAM

2CANSAM

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

I agree with snolan. Pummelling a guy while in a scrum would NOT have resulted in a suspension. 10 min misconduct or game misconduct at the most. Look around the league and after almost every hard "clean hit" the player that is the aggressor is most likely getting jumped. Some drop their gloves and some don't, but they still get fed one or two.

So yesterday did not have to be a Bertuzzi Moore incident. But one that we see once or twice a week atleast.

#65 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Your right we could have used a clutch goal from Cody Hodgson tonight, cody could win you a game like this by scoring those clutch goals once in a while. What im thinking about now is how Kassian could win us a tough series like this. We didnt get the W last night but i bet you Chicago is alot more afraid of meeting us in playoffs then we are of them.

Give Kassian a chance to be that guy who can get us that clutch goal. He's only been here a really short while and he certainly has the skill and ability to be that guy for us.

#66 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Naslund?
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#67 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Disagree. Jumping Keith would only have resulted in Bieksa, Weise or Kassian getting suspended and remind the hockey world of Bertuzzi-Moore incident.

The Canucks did everything they could to try and give DK his medicine and believe me, the world saw him decline every invitation. So far we've seen Keith willing to fight Burrows and Henrik.

The United Center should be re-named the KFC center with all those chickens running around...

KFC Center, LMAO!!!!

#68 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

There's a lot of fake tough guys in this league that's for sure.

#69 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

I kinda miss the Sedins and Kesler and Booth and Raymond and.....

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#70 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Ya I miss Cooke too....

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#71 iamspuzzum

iamspuzzum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

just wait untill he matures 3-4 years with the development program the canucks put him in. unbeleivable speed for a big kid and thats really what he is just a kid. its been a long time since the canucks have had a legit big body and they got this guy when he is very young.

What's got me drooling.. is the fact he idolizes Bertuzzi. He has the one handed puck control down pretty good, while holding you off with the other.. just like Bert. And he loves the spinorama.. just like Bert. ::D

Not to mention he has Bert's size and strength at that age as well. :)

Yep.. just imagine what another season or 2 is going to do for Kassian. How can you not be excited about his potential?

#72 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,671 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

I don't miss the guy who scores those clutch goals - I think he has played great whether he stays on the Sedin line, plays with Kesler, or plays alongside Hansen and Pahlsson on the league's best third line.

That stupid comment that Keith made about Kassian being a good acquisition is one of those quotes you put in store and pull out in the future - Keith will eat humble pie over that one.

#73 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Still too early to access trade.

Edited by gamasutra, 22 March 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#74 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

He does need to cinch up that chinstrap. A good breeze will blow that sucker right off!

#75 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Kassian was great tonight.

i liked how he would charge into scrums, thats exactly what we need. pack mentality boysssssss
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.