Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Psa: Canada Post Virus Email Alert

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Normally I wouldn't post about email spam viruses, but this one made it through my gmail and looks very convincing. There have been a few of these in the past and they make the news because so many people fall for them.

The email appears to come from Canada Post and says that they tried to deliver a package but you weren't home. They then have a couple of links to the receipt and tracking that you can click. Do not click on them. The links actually lead to a vserver1391.vserver-on.de site and tries to execute some kind of DOS script.

I reported it as a phishing scam to google. Just be on the look out. I wouldn't want anyone to fall for it.

We attempted to deliver your item at 09:30 am on March 22th, 2012.
The delivery attempt failed because nobody was present at the shipping address, so this notification has been automatically sent.
You may arrange redelivery by visiting the link below or pick up the item at the Canada Post Office indicated on the receipt.

If the package is not scheduled for redelivery or picked up within 48 hours, it will be returned to the sender.
Label/Receipt Number: 79538627396
Expected Delivery Date: March 22th, 2012
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation

To download the shipping receipt, in PDF format, visit:
http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findInvoiceByPackageId.aspx?id=<linkID removed so you don't click on it>

To check on the delivery status of your mailing or arrange redelivery please visit the following URL:
http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=<linkID removed so you don't click on it>

Thank you,
© 2012 Canada Post Corporation

*** This is an automatically generated email, please do not reply ***

Moo

#2 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

Thank god I have a Mac

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,575 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the heads up
I get a lot of stuff from Canada Post so would probably fall for something like this :(
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#4 Spitfire_Spiky

Spitfire_Spiky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up.
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.