The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**why No Jordan Schroeder?**

carlweezer

We have the cap space if I'm not mistaken as Ballard is still on LTIR. He was elgible to come off LTIR but I heard Gillis on the team the other day saying he just started skating so he is probably 2-3 weeks away

So my question is why did we not call up Jordan Schroeder?? he would fill a top 6 role perfectly. Gillis has stated plenty of times that he will call up Schreds this year to give him the reward because of Shred's play in Chicago.. Speaking of Chicago, we were there last night, I'm sure some of our propsects were in the building watching. It would have been so easy to just bring along Schroeder to Dallas for tonights game.

His style and ability can inject some much needed offence for our team. Schroeder played centre in College but Mactavish has developed him into a winger in Chicago and he has been excelling. I can see him being that playmaking forward that Kesler and Booth desperately need to play with..

Raymond-Sedin-Burr

Schroeder-Kesler-Booth

Hansen-Pahlsson-Higgins

Manny-Lappy-Kassian

Jordan Schroder: 2nd on the Wolves in Goals scored/ 4th on assists/ a plus 4 player/ .55 points per game

It must have been a while since you last checked then sir,

2nd on the team in Goals scored behind Mancari... Mancari is a minus 6..Schroeder is plus 4...4th on the team in Assists...

Mancari and Sweatt have both gotten chances, Schroeder is wayyy more "nhl ready" than them

Might have something to do with the fact that we've got Manny Malhotra sitting in the press box and this is a good time to draw him back into the lineup. Besides, Burrows, Booth, Higgins, Hansen, Raymond.... that's already too many for the Top 6, and really all of them could play there. So it's not like we don't have enough wingers to fill Sedin's spot.

I think you are trying to say that just because Schroder is more ready than Mancari it doesnt mean Schroder is ready??

My point is Gillis has given Mancai and Sweatt chances to come up, so why not Schroeder who is better than both.

Also its for 9 games, we dont need the wins. What if Schroder blows us all away, he could be a great addition for playoffs.

so what ur saying is you have no actual proof........ We were in 1st place in the NHL on trade deadline day, why would Gillis ask him to fake an injury only to acquire a 3rd line centreman? why risk the presidents trophy if he isnt actually hurt?

Archived