The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Police Chief To Canuck Fans: 'don't Come Downtown'

ltrain

I don't care what the cops say, Canucks go far and win the cup I'm going to go downtown and celebrate. I'm sorry im not gonna sit in my room and celebrate myself. Cops can say whatever they want, they can't ban us from coming downtown.

The cops can blame whoever they want, bottom line is they weren't prepared one bit and now the cheif is just trying to take the heat off of him.

How about picking up all the boozing morons as they fooled around FOUR HOURS before puck drop? The police are sitting around with their binoculars looking directly at troublemakers but doing nothing about it.

I don't care what the cops say, Canucks go far and win the cup I'm going to go downtown and celebrate. I'm sorry im not gonna sit in my room and celebrate myself. Cops can say whatever they want, they can't ban us from coming downtown.

The cops can blame whoever they want, bottom line is they weren't prepared one bit and now the cheif is just trying to take the heat of him.

Not that I even live in or near vancouver, but I really don't like this, yeah the riot was horrible last yearbut you know what I loved all teh fans around downtown, it really showed passion and heart from vancouver to stay there and the reactions from some goals where the best when shown from those fans too! Im really upset for this :(

Dear Vancouver Police chief you can't stop me from going walking around downtown or going to a pub downtown or shopping downtown in my canuck stuff. If you guys would have done your job to begin with then this would never have happened. Also for the last time Those rioters were not canuck fans stop lumping us all in with them, honestly!

The riot only happened because of the '94 riot and the media outlets in Vancouver.

Fact.

Asking people to stay away from downtown is stupid and will never happen.

They won't have to worry about another riot now that everyone knows their is a good chance

they will get caught and charged because of the internet.

It's actually a brilliant plan. Those who don't care to get involved with that nonesense will likely have their own plans outside of hanging around downtown. The troublemakers can go ahead and hang downtown meaning that's where the concentration Of troublemakers can be found. Kind of makes it easy for the police. They just sit back and let them come to them, itll be a great day for fishing. Cast the net and let them all swim right into it. I for one was not downtown nor would I care to be in that pit and had a great time wih friends in the comforts of our home.

Guest The Brown Burrows

1 - shut down public transit out of surrey before games

2 - set up road blocks on alex fraser and pattullo

3 - ???

4 - profit

F that - I don't give what the chief has to say; I'm not gonna let a small group of morons from last year ruin it for us this time around too - they should be banned, not the true fans : if a screens up, I'm going 100% and don't give a damn about what the chief has to say.

....no offense, but the cops and security sucked balls on the day of game 7 of the SCF. 'yea, dw guys, it's just game 7 - let's all stay at the station, nothing's gonna happen'. 10 minutes later... 'Everyone, listen up. The riots are starting up, but we have to think of what to do'; AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER, THEY FINALY COME OUT AND DO SOMETHING!

....trying put the blame all on us and make the true fans that did nothing pay; f off again - at least have some common sense next time around and be on the streets during the game.

Archived