Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Daniel's Hit On Keith Was Perfectly Ok, Everyone Who Says It Ain't Is Full Of It

67 posts in this topic

I agree with your logic and the fact that it often goes unpunished. When it happened live though I commented to myslef that it could have been a penalty. Daniel was finishing his check and his shoulder ended up hitting Keith's head due to Keith not paying attention and his being short, and Daniel uncharacteristically finishing a check with vengence. I've see the NHL call those both ways, does not surprise me as the NHL is so inconsistent.

"Clean" and "didnt get a penalty for it" are not always the same.

Blackhawks forum last night was practically calling the hit just as bad as Keith's hit on Daniel. Some of them even blamed the Refs for not tossing Daniel out the game.

Ha...

Daniel's hit was nothing more than a 2 minute minor. A little late.

Kieth's on the other hand, was an intent to injure.

So if Hawks fans even say Daniel's hit was just as bad as Kieth's, they're stupid

It's not as bad as the Keith hit, not nearly. However, it wasn't perfectly clean. A suspension? No. A two minute penalty? Yes.

Think about it from the other side. If Kane hit Hamhuis like that, people on this board would be very upset. Don't try to deny it.

It's not as bad as the Keith hit, not nearly. However, it wasn't perfectly clean. A suspension? No. A two minute penalty? Yes.

Think about it from the other side. If Kane hit Hamhuis like that, people on this board would be very upset. Don't try to deny it.

There should have been a penalty on that shoulder hit. It was poorly executed.

Edit: A suspension? No.

it was a bad hit..anyone saying otherwise needs to take off them homer glasses.

2 minutes at most...and maybe a fine but that is it.

keiths hit was just wtf

i wouldn't call the hit completely clean.

2 minutes would be a fair call. The ref elected to let it slide. Probably because that sort of hit is hardly what you would expect from the Sedins. They don't play dirty, not like that anyways. The no call was a reputation call by the ref.

To me, Daniel's hit on Keith was not suspendable. I think it should have been 2 minutes at most.

I'm expecting Shanny to hand down a suspension to Keith in a few days here...

Daniels hit definitely connected with the head of Keith; although you can tell it was a marginally late hockey hit.

Keith effectively saying "I'm going to get you back" and then elbowing Daniel in the head with the puck no where near is nothing short of serious intent to injure and should be dealt with accordingly.

I'm expecting Shanny to hand down a suspension to Keith in a few days here...

When are you guys gonna learn that the NHL is corrupt. The sooner you guys realize this the better you'll all be able to handle the disappointment every year.