The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] - Nux 2-1 Stars

Jaimito

COL can no longer catch up to us if they lose tonight (they're losing 3-0 to PHX right now), so that leaves CGY, which got a SOL today. If CGY loses another point, or if we gain a single point, we clinch the NW division.

I think. Am I right though?

I couldn't believe Pahlsson hit the post after Lehtonen gave the puck away in the 3rd. It would have been so perfect if Dallas' goalie gift wrapped a goal on a miscue of his own.

I didn't see the whole game but the team looked like it was a cohesive unit again (for most of what I saw anyway). I think AV's tinkering on defence is one reason why the D has looked suspect over the last few games. When the pressure is on late game, miscues arising from people not being used to one another only get amplified.

Raymond looks a lot more confident out there but I have noticed that he isn't always aware of pressure from behind - he has been pick pocketed quite a few times this season. At any rate, good to see him get a couple of points and I hope it leads to some consistent production over the last few games of the season (and, in particular, however long Daniel is out for).

I think Tanev should also get a shoutout. He is remarkably calm and efficient in the defensive zone. I hope he can develop more confident on offense but that's just splitting hairs!

Schneider was so good (except on that oopsie) and he has freaked me out with his puck handling in previous games.

Hank setting up two and good defensive coverage (only 25 shot allowed). Good effort and smart road game.

Wow, Dallas can now go from 3rd to 9th if LA wins and Colorado gets apoint. Going to be a tight finish in the west.

1st round preview up next?

COL can no longer catch up to us if they lose tonight (they're losing 3-0 to PHX right now), so that leaves CGY, which got a SOL today. If CGY loses another point, or if we gain a single point, we clinch the NW division.

Players of the game for the Canucks:

- Schneider who made a lot of great saves. Half to blame for the Dallas goal as Alberts shares the other half for not communicating better.

- Raymond was the fastest player on the ice along with Ribeiro. Great game by MayRay

- Henrik was a master tactician tonight, putting pucks ahead of MayRay where he can beat guys with his speed, and throwing it into corners for Kassian to bump people off. Awesome game

- Hansen and Lapierre were hitting everyone in sight.

- Tanev and Hamhuis made all other d-pairings on our team look like rookies tonight. Both of them were as cool as cucumbers.

Sorry for the repost but... :)

16880799.jpg

My Math agrees. We're at 97 points and 37 ROW after tonight. If Colorado loses tonight, they have 6 games left, and at best could win out and get 97 points and 37 ROW, so we would be tied, YET we lead the season series 2-0-1, which is the next tie breaker.

So, a Colorado loss in regulation means we clinch the NW, and a playoff spot.

Dare I say, Go LA?

Even with a loss Colorado could catch up and tie us at 97 points if they win the rest of their games and Canucks lose the rest of theirs.. and Colorado would have more wins. Canucks can clinch the division on Saturday with even a single point vs the Avs

Even with a loss Colorado could catch up and tie us at 97 points if they win the rest of their games and Canucks lose the rest of theirs.. and Colorado would have more wins. Canucks can clinch the division on Saturday with even a single point vs the Avs

Solid game. Still kind of ho-hum at times offensively but guys looked to be playing a lot harder and strong defensively. Schneider is a beast, and the team is really starting to shed this "soft" imagine, we were a lot tougher then Dallas there.

What Hansen did to Ryder is what someone should have done to Keith, would have gladly taken those two minutes. GG.

Guest Dasein

No the tie breaker for wins does not count shootout wins. We will clinch tonight cus looks like Col going to lose.

It's too bad Booth isnt doing more. It's too bad Kesler isnt clicking. It's too bad... ugh. Even when Boston is struggling, they can manage to score 8 goals in a game, we've scored 3 goals in games. Not nearly good enough!

Archived