The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] - Nux 2-1 Stars

Jaimito

Grabovksi has more pts than Kesler

Plekanec has same amount of pts as Kesler.

Gionta/Havlat were injured this yr, had they played same amount of games as Kes, they'd have similar or more pts.

Hemski deal was a bust from the get-go, we all know that.

Ribero makes the same, has 10 more pts.

Bergeron makes the same, has 10 more pts

Bobby Ryan makes similar, has more pts

The list goes on. With or without comparable, on this team he is an assistant Cptn and relied heavily on to produce offense. He's been a bust this season.

Who is saying the Flames could catch us?

They have 7 more games, so they could get 14 more points. That puts them at 97 points, but only 41 wins. Therefore they can't catch us.

Colorado on the other hand will have 6 games left after this, so they could reach 97 points and have 46 wins. I'm not sure how many of those are shootout wins though. Anyone wanna clarify?

Very pleased with tonight's game. Schneider was amazing, minus the bobble, but it's a good mistake to learn from and we still ended up winning. Defense was quite solid from what I saw tonight. I love it when they check guys coming into the zone and knock the pucks off of their sticks, never letting them too deep into the zone. Great goaltending, great D and a good offensive effort by the team. Raymond's not my favourite player, but I'm so happy for him that he seems to be turning his game around. Loved Bieksa's goal, too.

Who is saying the Flames could catch us?

They have 7 more games, so they could get 14 more points. That puts them at 97 points, but only 41 wins. Therefore they can't catch us.

Colorado on the other hand will have 6 games left after this, so they could reach 97 points and have 46 wins. I'm not sure how many of those are shootout wins though. Anyone wanna clarify?

Flames if they win out in regulation or OT will hit 97 points and have 38 ROW beating us if we lost every single game in regulation (we're on 37ROW). Colorado can't catch us however as their maximum is 37 ROW and Vancouver has already won the season series (the 2nd tiebreaker).

I'm not downplaying that fact.

But the truth is all Canucks, except Burrows, Hansen and Lappy were injured in the playoffs, and had to recuperate/surgery over the summer. In fact, most the Canucks were still injured at the beginning of this season. All the Canucks had a short summer and were unable to train as they normally would due to injuries. Kes is one of many players who fit this category.

Archived