Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Kassassin Train

[Report] Duncan Keith Suspended 5 Games

Keith: “We’re going to talk to Brendan and see what happens. Let the NHL make a decision. I respect all the decisions they make.”

I don't really care how many games he's out for. It won't be enough if Daniel has a concussion. That said, over five properly sends the message... at least as strongly as this league is willing to.

The Daniel on Kieth hit is textbook legal hit to the head - not principle point of contact; full body check. Not late enough, either.

It should be 10 games/rest of the regular season and first round of the playoffs. A clear message needs to be sent that the protection of players is the priority of the league and clear intent to injure will not be tolerated nor taken likely. A suspension of few games before the playoff is merely R&R before the playoffs and hardly punishment making a joke of this rule and the standards of this league. NFL sent a clear message that protection of players and restoration of the integrity of the league is their priority and intent to injure players is not taken lightly but is severely punishable. Accordingly the punishment was severe enough to have a material affect on the guilty party and let it be known that such actions will not be tolerated and will have no place in this league.

Someone made a comment about being a repeat offender. I was going to use the same example...murder is murder and intent was there and they get life imprisonment...they don't get a gimme, leniency or a slap on the wrist if it was their first murder...that would be just be making a fool of the judicial system

1. Keith gets suspended for the rest of the season. But not the playoffs.

2. Hawks fall in the standings a bit.

3. Canucks finish 2nd. Hawks finish 7th.

4. Keith back for playoffs.

5. Sedin not back for playoffs.

6. Toews back for playoffs.

7. Hawks eliminate Canucks in round one.

8. Hawks go on to finals vs. Pittsburgh.

9. Pittsburgh wins cup.

10. No riot in Vancouver.

Cheers.

TOML

It should be 10 games and first round of the playoffs. A clear message needs to sent that the protection of players is the priority of the league and clear intent to injure will not be tolerated nor taken likely. A suspension of few games before the playoff is merely R&R before the playoffs and hardly punishment making a joke of this rule and the standards of this league. NFL sent a clear message that protection of players and restoration of the integrity of the league is their priority and intent to injure players is not taken lightly but is severely punishable.

Someone made a comment about being a repeat offender. I was going to use the same example...murder is murder and intent was there and so they get life imprisonment...they don't get a gimme or a slap on the wrist if it was their first murder...

9. Pittsburgh wins cup.

Cheers.

TOML

9. Pittsburgh wins cup.

Cheers.

TOML

Ring ring ring ring

Keith: Hello.

Shanahan: Hi Keith, it's Brendan Shanahan calling.

Keith. What's up?

Shanahan: So ... Canuck fans are going to lose it when they find out your getting off with a warning.

Keith: Ahhhh ummmm, okay. Thanks, I was expecting the worst

Shanahan: Well according to my logic which I expressed in National Papers today a playoff game is really equivalent to 12 regular season games since every series is like a little season. That's cute huh? Yeah I know I'm cool. Anyway since Rome's hit was therefore a 48 game suspension you deserve no less than 100 games, but ha ha, [laugh] [laugh] [choke] I just can't wait to go onto the CDC after this news. I thought this afternoon would be boring so this should spice it up. Thanks Keith and ... happy hunting. Good-bye.

Thank you. I wasn't sure what they do with the hearings. In the past I am usually at work but I got the day off, so I always usually just see clips of them later on the news/sportsnet after work and wasn't sure if its just a re-broadcast or if they are just given the soundbites.