The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duncan Keith Suspended 5 Games

The Kassassin Train

No one here is saying Cooke is an angel, typical S***head argument tactic. The hit was too the head if you cant see that get a bigger monitor faster computer or a pair of glasses It is not up to me or anyone else to lead you to water.

In Shanny's videos, he clearly talks about incidental contact with the head versus situations where the head is specifically targeted.

Sedin's hit is border line has he hits Keith with the shoulders. Contact is made in the chest as well as the chin area. Puck is also in play. If nothing else happened during the game, it would have been quite possible that Shanny would review the tape on that hit.

It's easy to blame the refs to say they let that hit go so it's grounds for retribution. However, the game is played a fast speed and the refs may not pick up on stuff like that. That's why Shanny's office reviews game tapes.

Keith's hit on Sedin is pretty cut and dry. Puck is cleared on a flip and Sedin turns around while lifting his head to track the puck.

Keith raises the elbow and pretty much hits only the head.

I'm pretty sure Keith would have been suspended or even fined if this incident was an elbow to the head, regardless who the recipient was. There was no suspension or fined on this hit, therefore it wasn't an elbow to the head.

No idea why we're talking about Cooke - but this was just posted on TSN:

"Matt Cooke delivered a similar hit at the end of last year, and was suspended for the last ten games of the regular season plus the first round of the playoffs. Now I know Cooke had a much larger history of cheapshots than Keith, but my point is give the player a suspension that's going to deter further illegal action."

Should be the same for Keith.

Archived