The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duncan Keith Suspended 5 Games

The Kassassin Train

This is such garbage. Remember in the preseason Shannahan dished out multiple long suspentions them the NHLPA told him to calm it down.......now look at this!

Total head hunt, pretty much as bad as it gets and he gets a nice rest just before the playoffs.

Romes hit get four in the finals. Shoulder, .8 seconds late!!? What a garbage league, seriously, this can now be a tactic.

Hawks win out in the end, if we meet them in the playoffs. Don't get me started on the 2 minute minor call. So basically a four game ban because he should have been ejected from the game in the first place.

Keith should be a repeat offender, anyone remember the kick out he did in the playoffs against us on his way to the box? In hockey you never kick....ever! Either way I'll just take a second to calm down. Ateast he has a record now.

:edited for rage spelling mistakes

You guys aren't evaluating the situation correctly.

What does Daniel Sedin's length of injury have to do with the suspension length?

You suspend based on the action, not the result. I thought everyone wanted this? In fact it's been argued for years now.

5 games is enough, even if it's just a chance to rest Keith. The NHL isn't going to look at it as rest, but rather just 5 games.

You guys aren't evaluating the situation correctly.

What does Daniel Sedin's length of injury have to do with the suspension length?

You suspend based on the action, not the result. I thought everyone wanted this? In fact it's been argued for years now.

5 games is enough, even if it's just a chance to rest Keith. The NHL isn't going to look at it as rest, but rather just 5 games.

5 games for a deliberate (and successful) attempt to injure a star player?

How is that an effective deterrent?

I'm not saying that the length of the injury should be a consideration, but it's clear that the punishment falls far short of the intended purpose of deterring future incidents. 5 games is well worth putting out a star player for "potentially" an entire round, or longer.

Don't even get me started on the comparisons to Rome's suspension of 4 games in the bloody finals...

Rome got 5 games in the Stanley Cup Finals for a hit that was a second late but otherwise a good hit.

Keith TARGETED Daniel's head and that was the principal point of contact. This piece of sh*t 5 game suspension only benefits the Hawks because Keith gets to rest up.

The NHL will never get it right.

Archived