The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duncan Keith Suspended 5 Games

The Kassassin Train

It gives me little satisfaction until we know how Daniel is doing. We're still without our top player, and all Keith gets is a nice little rest down the stretch.

But the league definitely needs to send a strong message on this one. Players clearly still aren't getting Shanny's message.

Keith used to be the only player on the Hawks that I had a little respect for.

Now I want To brake his F-ing legs!

Dirty, Dirty.

He is going to have a huge target on his back for as long as the rivalry goes on (forever).

He is slippery and hard to hit, but wih every player on our team taking runs at him.... We'll get him.

(god I hope we meet in the playoffs)

I believe that if Shanahan is looking at a suspension of more than 5 games, teh player is entitled to a face-to-face meeting to plead his case. SHanahan asking him to waive that right seems to indicate he plans to suspend him more than 5 and is asking Keith to agree to a disciplinary hearing by phone.

Let's face it their was a dead zone created by the fact that the league has initiated the target to the head policy, taking the justice out of the hands of the enforcer. Especially so close to the playoffs. 5 games is a walk in the park, a great trade off to get rid of our superstar.i don't doubt GMMG called for blood

More Dan Murphy:

Call was scheduled for Friday and still could happen if Keith waives his right to in person hearing. Door open to longer than 5gm suspension

Bizzare stuff. I've never seen the league change it's mind on a disciplinary matter like this before. Wonder what changed things?

The player in an instance of clear intent to injure should be suspended pending the return of the injured player - and they shoud forfeit their salary to that player for the duration of that period - that would constitute a fair deterent - the injured player on top of missing games, suffers, and the future of their career is effected.

Archived