The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duncan Keith Suspended 5 Games

The Kassassin Train

IMO those SHOULD be the rules for a hit like that with intent to injure .. are your Blackhawk panties chaffing you?? cause your signature pic still chaffs me .. Wee Duncan is fair game now and I hope someone concusses him so he can "feel the pain" .. cheap douchee play, plain and simple, from a cheap douchee team ..

I do, or a mcsorley on Brashear or a butt-end to the face, but I want it right away not a couple weeks later by a "first time offender". It may force the NHL to wake up b/c how can u say one is worse than the other? Might make the league look bad enough where they start handing out 10-20games and the chickens***s are forced to think about their actions, and pay a sizeable fine, or get rid of the instigator rule and instruct the refs to allow a tough guy to throttle the culprit, and if someone from the culprit's team tries to go to bat for him they get an automatic 10 game suspension.

What a joke.

5 games that mean nothing at the end of the year and this will give Keith some time to rest heading into the playoffs. A lose-lose situation for us. The NHL really has to be more strict, players won't stop throwing nasty hits that could end someone's career if they aren't handing lengthy suspensions.

IMO, it should have been 7 games + 1 Playoff Game AT LEAST!

Nothing like words coming out from a biased Canuck fan's mouth. I see that my signature still bothers you because it's part of a fantasy league. Seems like you need some better things to worry about then what I display on the bottom of my posts.

Keep whining kid. What's done is done. 5 games isn't going to change.

You guys have to understand that, Chicago losing him for 5 games doesn't really help too. It's like us losing Hamhius for 5 games, are you really going to tell me, "oh great, he can now rest and be ready for the playoffs?"" Hell no, doesn't work that way. Lets move on. I don't think Daniel will be out that long. Keith is only like what? 180 pounds? I do hope he gets pounded in the playoffs. (Cross fingers)

My first guess was 5 games considering that Keith has no history with suspensions throughout his NHL career and the length of suspensions that was given to other players of similar headshots.

The news I heard yesterday regarding a possible in person hearing made me think it would be at least 7 games. Then Keith waived his rights for that and just ended up a phone call. I didn't think it would change the decision that they had yesterday (assuming it was more than 5).

Anyway, I just think Keith will be healthy and ready for the PO. Nothing we can do about it. I really hope Daniel gets better soon.

More Moronic NHL Crap

Rome get 4 Stanley Cup Final games for a Clean .8 sec late hit, as an example to show how Shannahan is clamping down ??

(Seriously,are we faster thinking than Computers now,that we can evaluate and skate away while moving forward in .8 sec)?

Keith gets 5 Meaningless games ,that the Hawks may have rested him for in preparations for the playoffs anyways,for a deliberate premeditated head shot to injure,when the player was Never even near the puck?

Ya, those NHL conspiracy theories against the Canucks,have No merit whatsoever

Exactly. It makes no sense at all when making comparisons to other incidents.

This isn't really much of a punishment at all, as he'll simply be rested in time for the playoffs. But I'm used to it at this stage...nothing new.

More Moronic NHL Crap

Rome get 4 Stanley Cup Final games for a Clean .8 sec late hit, as an example to show how Shannahan is clamping down ??

(Seriously,are we faster thinking than Computers now,that we can evaluate and skate away while moving forward in .8 sec)?

Keith gets 5 Meaningless games ,that the Hawks may have rested him for in preparations for the playoffs anyways,for a deliberate premeditated head shot to injure,when the player was Never even near the puck?

Ya, those NHL conspiracy theories against the Canucks,have No merit whatsoever

It's a travesty....that's what it is....the only thing worse than the ruling handed to Keith for his obvious intent to injure Sedin is all the comments made by the Canucks haters out there...makes me sick.

Archived