The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duncan Keith Suspended 5 Games

The Kassassin Train

The player in an instance of clear intent to injure should be suspended pending the return of the injured player - and they shoud forfeit their salary to that player for the duration of that period - that would constitute a fair deterent - the injured player on top of missing games, suffers, and the future of their career is effected.

In a matter of speaking, this may be the big chance that Sheriff Shanahan gets to set the bar going into the playoffs. People are going to be watching for his call on this.

On a side note, is anyone else seeing a more emotional Hank.

The people were asking for it.

seeing this now and looking at the hawks I think he will get 8 - 10 games. Looking at the hawks schedule they have 7 games left, and a suspension of less then 7 games has no real deterring effect as keith would get time to rest and it doesn't hurt the team. however a suspension in the 8-10 range means that he will miss 1-3 playoff games. That would REALLY get there attention, no keith for 3 games could be a series deciding thing, which if Daniel misses more then 2 weeks, could also be a series deciding thing for vancouver in the first round. My guess is going to be 8 - 10 games.

1. NHL originally scheduled a phone hearing with Keith earlier today for tomorrow at 2PM EST

2. NHL later on decides to recant the phone hearing and asks for an in person disciplinary hearing

3. Keith is suspended indefinitely until this hearing takes place.

4. From what I have gathered so far, if Keith waives his in person hearing it will still be conducted over the phone, but I believe that it still gives him the potential of a 5 + game suspension. If he doesn't show up, most likely admitting that he understands what he did is wrong and accepts the punishment without giving his side of the story.

4B. If he shows up, Shanahan will most likely still hear his side of the story, but can still give him a 5 + game suspension.

The hearing is NOT taking place tomorrow because Keith has not made the decision on whether he wants to waive or not.

1. NHL originally scheduled a phone hearing with Keith earlier today for tomorrow at 2PM EST

2. NHL later on decides to recant the phone hearing and asks for an in person disciplinary hearing

3. Keith is suspended indefinitely until this hearing takes place.

4. From what I have gathered so far, if Keith waives his in person hearing it will still be conducted over the phone, but I believe that it still gives him the potential of a 5 + game suspension. If he doesn't show up, most likely admitting that he understands what he did is wrong and accepts the punishment without giving his side of the story.

4B. If he shows up, Shanahan will most likely still hear his side of the story, but can still give him a 5 + game suspension.

The hearing is NOT taking place tomorrow because Keith has not made the decision on whether he wants to waive or not.

Im glad to hear the "over the phone" thing is no longer happening, and that the league (Shanny) is taking a serious look at this! People have been taking too many liberties against the Sedins, and it was only a matter of time before one of them got seriously hurt... For the league to wake up and take action!

Im glad to hear the "over the phone" thing is no longer happening, and that the league (Shanny) is taking a serious look at this! People have been taking too many liberties against the Sedins, and it was only a matter of time before one of them got seriously hurt... For the league to wake up and take action!

Archived