The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duncan Keith Suspended 5 Games

The Kassassin Train

jkasdfasdkljsdkljfasdklsdfjklweiorjqweiojfweio

Does that answer your question? The officiating and people running this league are making me hate it. Unbelievable. 5 meaningless games.

Keiths elbow had as much intent to injure as Bertuzzi on Moore.........

Funny how Rome gets 4 SCF games for a hit that was deemed clean, but a tad late. 4 Stanley Cup Final Games...Keith gets 5 meaningless games....................

Guys, seriously, just stop it, 5 games is a very reasonable amount. You guys think that Keith is some sort of villain out to get Danny out of the playoffs? No way! Keith is an honest, respectable Canadian boy, and one of the few players I actually like on the Hawks. Sometimes the game gets intense, and players are caught in the moment. Daniel had a Hit on him earlier that he didn't like, so he wanted to get back at him, not concuss him. All he wanted was Danny flat on his a$$. Not injured.

This is why we're the most hated team. NHL called it right.

So i guess a 'personal meeting' wasn't required afterall. Certainly there was never going to be one.

5 games is about as i expected. Could've been more if Keith was a repeat offender, but he isn't. Wiznieski was. Hence 8 games instead of 5.

The bar has been set. However the new playoff bar, if there is one, should be interesting.

However if what Rome did last year gets 4 games will depend on who's hit and who's doing the hitting.

Meanwhile, at least Shanny is there explaining it. While Campbell never did. It's the little speech that makes it all the better. Cheers.

TOML

Isn't this part of the reason we got some guy like Kassian?  We wanted to protect our Sedins.  Obviously, other teams don't care and they will take runs at the Sedins anyway.  I hope he is okay - that's the most important thing.

I also hope we don't see a Bertuzzi incident either.

5 is about consistant with what they have been calling since Keith gets bonus points for not being suspended. Unfortunately the NHL has sent out the message that losing guys like Backstrom and Daniel on stupid non-hockey play cheapshots isn't a big deal for them.

5 games without their top d-man is pretty significant for a Chicago club that is in no way guaranteed to make the playoffs. When Keith returns he'll have just two games to help them with that battle.

Now, if Daniel misses a lot more, like, say, the first round...then it seems more insignificant.

Here's hoping that without Keith the Hawks miss the playoffs!!! That Oduya pickup is looking better and better for them

This close to the playoffs I do believe Star players should get star treatmentI mean if a team knows they might have to face that player in the playoffs what's to prevent say Boston from sending out a goon to hurt Crosby or Richards before the playoffs? I know it might be controversial but where there is an intent to injure the quality of the player who got hurt should be one of many factors considered.

It was the same ref that allowed a Boston player to punch Daniel in the face in the final last year. That and he let Keith stay in the game. Now after the fact his superiors decide it was a bad hit.Talk about incompetent refs.

I'm completely satisfied. Keith had no prior history so 5 is pretty steep. It also indicates that Brendan's research leads him to believe Daniel will be back by the playoffs (which seems to be the common opinion). I'm happy to move on.

Archived