Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

[Report] Duncan Keith Suspended 5 Games

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
709 replies to this topic

#691 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

did anyone catch what cherry had to say about the hit/suspension on coach's corner? (i'm watching the buckeyes)

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#692 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

did anyone catch what cherry had to say about the hit/suspension on coach's corner? (i'm watching the buckeyes)

He said it was one of the dirtiest hits he has seen but that it happened because Daniel head shotted Keith earlier.
Posted Image

#693 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Apparently Daniel (ala Crosby) should not be throwing checks if he does not want to get attacked like that .. he also said it was a despicable act by Wee Duncan .. but between the lines it was Sedin "asking" for it ..

Edited by Tearloch7, 24 March 2012 - 05:26 PM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#694 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

He said it was one of the dirtiest hits he has seen but that it happened because Daniel head shotted Keith earlier.

I called this easily before it aired, i told my friends hes going to cite crosby asking for trouble and finding it, and sure enough its exactly what he said.

The bigger story is will cdc hate ron McLean yet after he said the suspension was not nearly enough, and does absolutely nothing. He wanted shanny on to call him out on how meaningless it is. And how kieth is a hero in hawks eyes.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 24 March 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#695 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Apparently Daniel (ala Crosby) should not be throwing checks if he does not want to get attacked like that .. he also said it was a despicable act by Wee Duncan .. but between the lines it was Sedin "asking" for it ..

haha I tried to +1 you but i ran out of them in off-topic and the meme thread

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 24 March 2012 - 05:31 PM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#696 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

I called this easily before it aired, i told my friends hes going to cite crosby asking for trouble and finding it, and sure enough its exactly what he said.

The bigger story is will cdc hate ron McLean yet after he said the suspension was not nearly enough, and does absolutely nothing. He wanted shanny on to call him out on how meaningless it is. And how kieth is a hero in hawks eyes.

Yep .. Ronnie was bang on .. the first step in his 100-step rehabilitation .. FYI, the 51st step is buying a a summer home at Anaheim Lake and hanging out with Carey Price's Dad .. :)

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#697 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Calling Duncan Queef's hit despicable changes his classification from mega douche to uber douche

#698 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

haha I tried to +1 you but i ran out of them in off-topic and the meme thread

Thanks man .. it's the thought that counts .. :)

#699 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Apparently Keith has a history of retaliating after he thinks he's been the victim of a dirty hit.

Makes me almost positive this was intentional and premeditated.

I hate when things like this happen, because if we don't do anything, we'll be seen as cowards, otherwise, it could be a bertuzzi situation all over again.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#700 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Apparently Keith has a history of retaliating after he thinks he's been the victim of a dirty hit.

Makes me almost positive this was intentional and premeditated.

I hate when things like this happen, because if we don't do anything, we'll be seen as cowards, otherwise, it could be a bertuzzi situation all over again.

Well, karma's a bitch. Hopefully somebody takes out Duncan Donut in the playoffs (legally of course). What burns me is he gets to play in the playoffs and Daniel might not.

#701 sandman44

sandman44

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

I think we all know the Sedins are easy targets and if Keith had not clocked Daniel somebody else would have. Keith will pay a few games for this cheap shot, but it will happen again soon to one of the Sedins, likely in the playoffs.
The Canucks are hoping that the refs or Shanny will stand up for them.

Not gonna happen.
AV will just keep on laughin'.

No sign of knuckles
Just a bad case of chuckles.

Cripes.
"You understand Captain that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist."

Fade to Lack

...he took a face from the ancient gallery, and he walked on down the hall...

#702 Scoobydooby

Scoobydooby

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

i could say a lot of stuff on this topic, but really the following sums it up:

i hate this league.

love hockey, but hate the league. its become a complete and total joke and imo is broken.

Posted Image

#703 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

i could say a lot of stuff on this topic, but really the following sums it up:

i hate this league.

love hockey, but hate the league. its become a complete and total joke and imo is broken.

..........Better yet crap happened it's been dealt with fair as anyone could wish for.Surprised this topic reached page 24.It's really time to get over it and move on.

Edited by fagin, 24 March 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#704 Spencer Drew

Spencer Drew

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Duncan Keith should be suspended as many games as Daniel Sedin is out for. It makes sense, especially with concussions.
Posted Image

#705 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,705 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Not only did Ronnie not like the ruling, but Eliotte made the biggest point IMO, when he brought up the suspension to Rome inlast year's SC final. JP played the standard "different regime" card, but Eliotte basically said "So what? The Canucks have a reason to be upset"...

What a lot of these guys seem to be forgetting is their own comments when the Rome ruling was handed down. Pretty much all of them were saying that it was a severe penalty, but they were okay with it as long as the standard remains the same going forward.

Now it seems like all of them have amnesia (except for Ron, Eliotte and a few sportswriters) and are saying that the Keith ruling is "fair for a first time offender".

Rome was also a first time offender. At the time I said his suspension was way too much and totally out of touch with all of the precedents that had been set to that point.

It seems like the word "fair" really doesn't enter into the equation in the NHL anymore. Everyone saw Horton doing the bacon on TV all over the US and Canada and were so worried about the optics of the situation, they decided they had to make an example (scapegoat would be the more accurate term) of Rome. Now the pressure's off, so we're back to the old crappy system of wrist slaps and "don't do it agains",,,,
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#706 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Rome was also a first time offender. At the time I said his suspension was way too much and totally out of touch with all of the precedents that had been set to that point.

It was a knee jerk reaction not seen since Hunter got 20 games for his hit on Turgeon.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#707 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,705 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

It was a knee jerk reaction not seen since Hunter got 20 games for his hit on Turgeon.

Exactly.

Hunter was just "finishing his check....." B)
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#708 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,158 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, but that hit on Turgeon was pretty much the biggest cheapshot in the history of hockey.
Posted Image

#709 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hate to bring this up again but the meme brought up my perspective on this whole shenanigan again. How can Shanahan justify a player targeting a player's head and with the intent to injure causing a career altering injury to a star player with only a 5 days suspension just in time to get back in for the playoffs, while the victim, a star player at that, is out indefinitely. Where is the fairness and justice? Kind of timely that they would be attributing it to retaliation to a hit by Daniel when Daniel is rarely known for hitting let alone perceived as a dirty hitter. Daniel does not have a history of this, hence his "intent" is not likely in question, the hit was incidental to the game, and hence no call was made. Keith's hit on the other hand, clearly not incidental and clearly had an intent to injure. Such actions should be treated with zero tolerance and taken out of the game for the sake of the protection of the players and their careers. Considering it was not handled rightfully by the refs, the league should have stepped up and right a wrong and executed effective disciplinary action. This league is questionable on so many levels. What is happening to our national game?
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#710 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

I think we all know the Sedins are easy targets and if Keith had not clocked Daniel somebody else would have. Keith will pay a few games for this cheap shot, but it will happen again soon to one of the Sedins, likely in the playoffs.
The Canucks are hoping that the refs or Shanny will stand up for them.

Not gonna happen.
AV will just keep on laughin'.

No sign of knuckles
Just a bad case of chuckles.

Cripes.

F#"&K you're stupid.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.