The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts On P.k Subban Joining The Canucks Roster Next Year?

I'm not sure Subban is what this team needs.

I'd be much more interested in looking at someone a little less volatile, like Ryan Suter (although that is highly unrealistic as well.)

Montreal will not part ways with Subban for a first round pick, of that I can guarantee. It would have to be one hell of a pick, and even then, I'd have a hard time seeing it unless it's a top 3 pick.

Like you mentioned, Montreal is in the midst of a rebuild, and young guys like Price, Pacioretty, and Subban are their future.

He's reaching the stage where he is going to begin to mature, and I think it would help if he was with a new coaching staff and a new set of teamates. We have guys like bieksa and hamhuis to be role models, someone for him to keep him in check, AV would play a big part of that too. Plus captin Hank won't have too much of his crap either, you want Pernell (lol) to play his game, but to remind him that there are limits.

He's reaching the stage where he is going to begin to mature, and I think it would help if he was with a new coaching staff and a new set of teamates. We have guys like bieksa and hamhuis to be role models, someone for him to keep him in check, AV would play a big part of that too. Plus captin Hank won't have too much of his crap either, you want Patrice (lol) to play his game, but to remind him that there are limits.

No - trading Schneider for picks = lousy idea

turning that into Subban would certainly put the Canucks over the most hated top... Subban has a lot of talent, but focuses too little on his talent, and too much on being an annoyance.

Subban might be a good fit and a right handed shot, but would certainly not essentially give Schneider up for him.

A lot of people seem to be underestimating Schneider's value...

Surprised people are saying no so quickly. This guy has serious skills, he can deliver huge hits, he can actually play good defense, he's young and durable, can eat big minutes.... the list goes on.

How many "pests" do we have on this team. Kesler, Burrows, Lappy? Those are 3 of our hardest working players.... they also, all happen to have some of the best drive and determination on the team. They are also all fan favs. Our club has a pretty solid reputation of turning little punks into mature, hard working players.

For the record, I don't really see anyway a deal like this happens. I'm certainly not against it though if MG somehow figured out a way to make it happen.

Archived