The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Have Big Role In Deciding Who Makes The Playoffs

McMucus

With the exception of the Oilers and the Ducks, the rest of the Canucks' games are against bubble teams. Not only will they have a hand in determining who they will face, but it will likely be a taste of what to expect in the first round.

I will feel bad though if the Canucks knock the Flames out of the race. A lot of my friends are Flames fans and they'll sulk.

Calgary is that one Canadian team I want to see burn every year non stop.

I dont hate the other ones at all JUST CALGARY

I hope they are NEVER successful again!

My cousin was the captain of the TBL in '04. Calgary you ARE NOT robbing the cup from my cousin! Dave Andreychuk FTW

Agree with Vintage Canuck - I prefer that we meet with the Flames in mid-April.

But as to which team I prefer to see left out, I will go with LAK - I think they could be dangerous to us. Kings face NW teams in 5 of their last 8 - I like the fact that EDM has beaten them twice already and will play them twice.

It will come down to the final two games with SJS - hopefully the Sharks can hold their own.

Calgary is that one Canadian team I want to see burn every year non stop.

I dont hate the other ones at all JUST CALGARY

I hope they are NEVER successful again!

My cousin was the captain of the TBL in '04. Calgary you ARE NOT robbing the cup from my cousin! Dave Andreychuk FTW

I don't get why people still hate the flames so much.. just like the leafs.. and tbh I kinda feel sorry for the flames.. poor management resulting in them having hope every year but end up not being good enough down the stretch to make the playoffs. And there really isn't any reason to dislike Iginla while Kipper has been a cornerstone of their organization..

Anyways, I think the Flames would be an awesome first round matchup for several reasons..

-The only way we lose to them is if we have a full meltdown but if that happened, I don't think it would have mattered who we play

-The history between the core of these teams would probably ignite a spark and be a good "warmup" for us and get us into the playoff mode as opposed to playing someone like phoenix..

-It would definitely be more exciting then playing against phoenix/nashville..

-The last 3 times we played the flames in the playoffs= '89, '94, and '04.. sound familiar?

-Can't really say no to kicking them out of the playoffs..

Archived