The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Duncan Keith Be Charged With Assault On Daniel Sedin?

lukchin

God no! What next? GSP calling the cops after getting hurt in the octagon? When you play the sport, you understand that there will be physical plays that may cross the line but that is what the league disciplinary is for. Some plays do deserve police investigation but this is not one of them.

imo it's dumb to even suggest this. I mean surely if an elbow is assualt than all body checks can be classed as one to.

Seriously, lately it seems like no player can hit another without some kind of controversy surrounding it.... :S

imo it's dumb to even suggest this. I mean surely if an elbow is assualt than all body checks can be classed as one to.

Seriously, lately it seems like no player can hit another without some kind of controversy surrounding it.... :S

I am most horrified at this hit - if our rivalry with Chicago were subsiding, this would most certainly spark this.

Well, being charged by the police would be a little strong, but I say he should certainly at least be suspended for as long as Daniel Sedin is out - if not indefinitely. It would certainly send a strong message that the league can deal with serious issues so that the Nucks won't take matters into their own hands and pull a Bertuzzi.

I'd like to see the Nucks give them a taste of their own medicine and go after Kane with a clean, but sufficiently devestating hit.</p>

If anybody should be charged, and it is a big "if" it should be the NHL board of governors for neglecting to protect the players. There are rules to the game, yet they are not strictly enforced, players know the odds are now about 50 - 50 on being called for any infraction so it has become open season for these headhunters.

As a hockey fan the officiating today disgusts me, it is not only ruining the game but putting players livelihood in danger. We as fans pay big money to attend games, we expect to see the most highly skilled players in the world performing, not sitting on the sidelines because some goon has a free pass to take them out with a cheap shot.

Archived